Things growing...

matwhittington
Posted 05/05/2014 - 21:41 Link
Hello all. It seems like ages since i have posted any pics on here, although I have snapping away a fair bit recently I thought I would share a handful here, of some of the plants which have burst into life recently with the full onset of spring. All are taken with the K3 and DA 35 ltd macro, which is a combination I am using more and more as (to my mind) it delivers some very cool results. I think I also used flash on all of these (the weenie(ish) AFZ200, which I like a lot when used with a diffuser). Anyway...

1. Garden Pearls

Comment Image


2. Forget-me-not

Comment Image


3. Spring Yellow

Comment Image


4. Otherworldly weirdness

Comment Image


5. Line of white hearts

Comment Image


6. From the alien forest

Comment Image


7. Sarracenia (this is like a pitcher plant, which I have been growing)

Comment Image


8. Baby Oak (this was sprouting from my garden path, so I gently transplanted it, but took a picture along the way...

Comment Image


Hope you like these. As ever, my flickr stream is full of all my random stuff

Cheers
Mat W

My Flickr: link
Gravelrash
Posted 06/05/2014 - 01:30 Link
I really like how you have done these. Not a fan of flower shots, and the like, but these appeal to me. No critique, just a thumbs up
Steve

Sometimes I'm serious and sometimes not, but I consider sarcasm an artform. Which is it today?
matwhittington
Posted 06/05/2014 - 05:41 Link
Thanks Steve, much appreciated

Cheers
Mat W

My Flickr: link
bwlchmawr
Posted 06/05/2014 - 06:42 Link
Beautiful sharp images. That sensore/lens combination is almost forensic in its portrayal of detail.

Pity the tips of the dicentra flowers weren't separated from the leaves in no.6, but now I'm being very fussy.
Best wishes,

Andrew

"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference.  All of them can record what you are seeing.  But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
swarf
Posted 06/05/2014 - 09:57 Link
Very nice set - I particularly like Nos. 1 & 5

Phil
K-5iiS; K-r; ME Super; ME; DA* 16-50 f2.8; DA 18-135 WR; DA 55-300 WR; HD DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited; FA 50mm f1.4; A50mm f1.7; DAL 18-55mm; M40mm f2.8; + assorted non-Pentax lenses

My Flikr Page link
Stuey
Posted 06/05/2014 - 20:27 Link
Very nice
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link
mivoligo
Posted 06/05/2014 - 21:33 Link
I don't know how much editing gone into the images but I love the effect!
McGregNi
Posted 06/05/2014 - 21:36 Link
Another thumbs-up for the life-like clarity and 'presence' of the textures.
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Blythman
Posted 07/05/2014 - 07:06 Link
Top notch Mat
Alan


PPG
Flickr
davidstorm
Posted 07/05/2014 - 19:43 Link
Very, very pretty images, kudos to you Mat for posting such a good quality set.

Regards
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs
MrB
Posted 07/05/2014 - 19:50 Link
These are wonderful, Mat, and really seem to have a 3D look about them.

Cheers.
Philip
matwhittington
Posted 07/05/2014 - 20:48 Link
Thank you very much everyone, much appreciated and very encouraging. In terms of editing and PP there is not actually too much gone into these (certainly no more than typical for me). The flash is very helpful for isolating the foreground and darkening the background - I then tend to just burn out any remaining background artefacts; the 'baby oak' was just taken on a white sheet of paper (you can make out some of the texture of the paper if you look closely).

Thanks again all

Cheers
Mat W

My Flickr: link

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo