Theta shown on Gadget Show
Posted 01/01/2014 - 00:59
Link
Just had a Google search and it seems they are only available from the US ebay site. How odd.
John K
Posted 01/01/2014 - 11:46
Link
Probably just trialling it first to see how it is accepted. I saw the Gadget show with this on it also. It was interesting to see what it was about and I could see it might appeal from the novelty point of view IF it was about £125 - £150. At its current price and quality level however it has no appeal whatsoever to me. A complete waste of marketing and production resources.
Posted 05/01/2014 - 18:08
Link
1stEverPentax wrote:
Probably just trialling it first to see how it is accepted. I saw the Gadget show with this on it also. It was interesting to see what it was about and I could see it might appeal from the novelty point of view IF it was about £125 - £150. At its current price and quality level however it has no appeal whatsoever to me. A complete waste of marketing and production resources.
I'll drink to that
Probably just trialling it first to see how it is accepted. I saw the Gadget show with this on it also. It was interesting to see what it was about and I could see it might appeal from the novelty point of view IF it was about £125 - £150. At its current price and quality level however it has no appeal whatsoever to me. A complete waste of marketing and production resources.
Posted 05/01/2014 - 18:28
Link
It's now available in the UK at £329.00 and EPZ have reviewed it.
Best regards, John
Posted 21/11/2015 - 13:16
Link
A new version of it, the Theta S is imminent at £299.99. Wonder if it will be out in time for a Black Friday deal?
John K
Posted 22/11/2015 - 02:50
Link
I do like that if you take a still in 360deg, then you can animate your way through the data, using some of the apps that allow you to plot paths etc.
Works in time lapse modes as well.
I follow Philip Bloom on Facebook and he regularly posts shots from the Theta S, and 645Z for that matter also. He should be a Pentax Ambassador for sure, as he's doing more with the Theta than anyone else I've seen.
Works in time lapse modes as well.
I follow Philip Bloom on Facebook and he regularly posts shots from the Theta S, and 645Z for that matter also. He should be a Pentax Ambassador for sure, as he's doing more with the Theta than anyone else I've seen.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


4192 posts
16 years
Scarborough,
North Yorks.