The young Pretender
Posted 12/09/2017 - 21:18 - Helpful Comment
Link
That's a great series
K3, K3 II, 100MM 2.8 Macro, Sigma 10-20 3.5, Sigma 17-50 2.8, Nikon D7500, Tamron 150 600 G2
Posted 12/09/2017 - 21:40 - Helpful Comment
Link
Yikes! You need a warning in the titles!
Gareth Williams ARPS
My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II
Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT
My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II
Welsh Photographer
Flickr
My PPG
Foundation NFT
Posted 12/09/2017 - 22:07
Link
Cheers guys, I honestly thought the big one was a gonner, as it didnt budge for the first 4 or 5 bites.
I know what i like, If not always why.
Posted 13/09/2017 - 01:37 - Helpful Comment
Link
well documented with some good shots
C&C welcome.
Don.
Don.
Posted 13/09/2017 - 08:25 - Helpful Comment
Link
Fantastic sequence Mr. Attenborough
Who would have thought the small spider could be so stupid
--
Who would have thought the small spider could be so stupid
--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 13/09/2017 - 09:14 - Helpful Comment
Link
fabulous run of shots here....
K-1Gripped K-1 ungripped K-5ii K7 Various lenses
Stuart..
Stuart..
Posted 13/09/2017 - 10:02
Link
Cheers again guys, it's been suggested that the little one may have been trying to mate with the larger female, didn't quite go to plan if it was
I know what i like, If not always why.
Posted 13/09/2017 - 11:01 - Helpful Comment
Link
derek897 wrote:
Cheers again guys, it's been suggested that the little one may have been trying to mate with the larger female, didn't quite go to plan if it was
Reminds me of my youth! Cheers again guys, it's been suggested that the little one may have been trying to mate with the larger female, didn't quite go to plan if it was
--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 13/09/2017 - 17:13 - Helpful Comment
Link
Thank heavens that insects could't survive if they grew as big as humans. Doesn't bear thinking about.
Regards,
Mike
Every day's a holiday!
Mike
Every day's a holiday!
Posted 13/09/2017 - 17:15
Link
Algernon wrote:
--
Lol
derek897 wrote:
Cheers again guys, it's been suggested that the little one may have been trying to mate with the larger female, didn't quite go to plan if it was
Reminds me of my youth! Cheers again guys, it's been suggested that the little one may have been trying to mate with the larger female, didn't quite go to plan if it was
--
K3, K3 II, 100MM 2.8 Macro, Sigma 10-20 3.5, Sigma 17-50 2.8, Nikon D7500, Tamron 150 600 G2
Posted 13/09/2017 - 17:45
Link
Algernon wrote:
--
derek897 wrote:
Cheers again guys, it's been suggested that the little one may have been trying to mate with the larger female, didn't quite go to plan if it was
Reminds me of my youth! Cheers again guys, it's been suggested that the little one may have been trying to mate with the larger female, didn't quite go to plan if it was
--
At least it didn't go as wrong as this chaps efforts
I know what i like, If not always why.
Posted 13/09/2017 - 17:51
Link
No... I lived to tell the tale ..... I mean keep my mouth shut
--
--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 13/09/2017 - 18:12 - Helpful Comment
Link
Wonderful set Derek - well documented and captured. Over what time period did this take place?
And LOL at Algernon!
And LOL at Algernon!
Andy
Posted 13/09/2017 - 20:14
Link
Algernon wrote:
No... I lived to tell the tale ..... I mean keep my mouth shut
--
Ahh just like the rest of us No... I lived to tell the tale ..... I mean keep my mouth shut
--
alfpics wrote:
Wonderful set Derek - well documented and captured. Over what time period did this take place?
And LOL at Algernon!
Cheers Andy, I watched for about 5 mins then got the camera and it went on for another 12 mins before she decided she was more hungry than horny.Wonderful set Derek - well documented and captured. Over what time period did this take place?
And LOL at Algernon!
Time wise it was at 1.58 - 2.10 lunchtime.
After looking into it, its fairly common, with some videos on youtube of this happening.
I know what i like, If not always why.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


2322 posts
13 years
Wicklow Ireland
I was in the garden brushing the dog and noticed that the garden spider that has been the focus of so many of my macro shots was hanging limply on a thread leading to the main web, as i watched a smaller spider traveled down the thread and jiggled a bit, and then bit the big one, then dropped off the thread before rising to the top again and repeating this for 5 or 6 times while I watched.
Camera was upstairs and i debated risking missing the action or grabbing the camera.
I went for the camera, the little spider kept at it.
These are some of the shots I took, all hand held, manual focus, ringflash, 105mm macro and 21mm tube.
Worth viewing large, I think.
IMGP0002edsm by dr.shutter, on Flickr
IMGP0003ed by dr.shutter, on Flickr
IMGP0008edsm by dr.shutter, on Flickr
IMGP0010edsm by dr.shutter, on Flickr
IMGP0011edsm by dr.shutter, on Flickr
IMGP0014edsm by dr.shutter, on Flickr
IMGP0015edsm by dr.shutter, on Flickr
IMGP0017edsm by dr.shutter, on Flickr
IMGP0018edsm by dr.shutter, on Flickr
IMGP0019edsm by dr.shutter, on Flickr
IMGP0020edsm by dr.shutter, on Flickr
IMGP0021edsm by dr.shutter, on Flickr
IMGP0024edsm by dr.shutter, on Flickr
IMGP0027edsm by dr.shutter, on Flickr
IMGP0028edsm by dr.shutter, on Flickr
IMGP0029eds by dr.shutter, on Flickr
IMGP0035edsm by dr.shutter, on Flickr