The Tough Guys?
Posted 03/04/2015 - 15:41
Link
Nice images John. I liked your idea of the 'bodyguard'.
Is one of the bodyguards some member of your family by chance-I do seem to recognise some resemblance (without the hat).
Would like to see some more of your days' photography, especially the lowlight-what was the ISO you decided upon?
Hope you managed to get the opportunity to join in the celebrations.
Regards
Malcombe
Is one of the bodyguards some member of your family by chance-I do seem to recognise some resemblance (without the hat).
Would like to see some more of your days' photography, especially the lowlight-what was the ISO you decided upon?
Hope you managed to get the opportunity to join in the celebrations.
Regards
Malcombe
Posted 03/04/2015 - 17:31
Link
I took JR to mean that the camera set the ISO.
G
G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Posted 03/04/2015 - 20:14
Link
I chose the ISO according to the overall situation. So for the very low light shots I chose a very high ISO, making sure by doing this that the noise structure on all the shots was at least the same for that batch.
Variable noise levels I find more disturbing.
Variable noise levels I find more disturbing.
Best regards, John
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


24425 posts
24 years
Tyldesley,
Manchester
The idea was for the groom's best men to look like tough bodyguards, but the guys were just too easy going by nature to be convincing at that. So this was the best take and I liked the sense of them moving towards us anyway. This was from Saturday's wedding shoot. 18-135mm.
Nicola had plenty of style, red hair, red dress, and she carried it off with ease. Very bubbly and happy to pose. This is from the evening, where I wandered around shooting available light candids with the 43mm f/1.9. Any ISO it took to make the images, lots of coloured light and all more spontaneous than the day shots. Fun time for the photographer too!