The thirty nine steps
Posted 12/10/2008 - 11:47
Link
Great shot, full of atmosphere! very nice mood
Posted 12/10/2008 - 23:46
Link
ttk wrote:
I like it, Nice shot but I can't think where it is
County DurhamI like it, Nice shot but I can't think where it is
I love this shot too but I'd be tempted to crop/clone out the person in the red coat and crop off a little of the gravel path at the front.
Best wishes, Kris.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Posted 13/10/2008 - 12:40
Link
I like this shot too. Including the gate adds something, sort of an invitation into the picture. I'd like to see it with a bit cropped off the left and bottom though, as womble suggests. Might be slightly better.
This is completely off topic, but I think this monument lead to the naming of a band a used to play in when I lived in Durham. The others in the band went off on a trip somewhere and came back with the name "Beyond the Parthenon", and I'm pretty sure they visited Penshaw monument. After all this time I now know what it looks like.
Robert.
This is completely off topic, but I think this monument lead to the naming of a band a used to play in when I lived in Durham. The others in the band went off on a trip somewhere and came back with the name "Beyond the Parthenon", and I'm pretty sure they visited Penshaw monument. After all this time I now know what it looks like.
Robert.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1455 posts
18 years
Steps looking through the gate looking up to the Penshaw monument. Taken with a sigma 17/70 on the k10.