Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

The perfect case for a Q

gartmore
Posted 13/01/2014 - 17:53 Link
I bought this Pentax branded Billingham case a couple of years ago on ebay with no idea what it might fit. Nothing I had at the time it turned out. It might have been for one of the bridge cameras, I don't know. However it is a perfect fit for the QComment Image
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
JonSchick
Posted 13/01/2014 - 18:06 Link
Looks like the case SRS were giving away free with the MX-1 a while back. Fits perfectly.
Jon

Some occasional random stuff at The Photographers Block: link
gartmore
Posted 13/01/2014 - 18:08 Link
Really. That's interesting, do you have a link or a picture?
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
JonSchick
Posted 13/01/2014 - 18:58 Link
Happy to oblige - you gave me an excuse to roadtest my new toy: an EyeFi card, which I'm planning on using when away:

Comment Image

Comment Image

By the way, the Gordy's wrist strap works a treat with the MX-1 and improves the handling no end. Vastly preferable to the next strap.

Cheers,

Jon
Jon

gartmore
Posted 13/01/2014 - 19:04 Link
That's amazing, I've had mine in a cupboard for almost three years and goodness knows how much older it is than that! What prescience Billingham have
Ken
davem
Posted 13/01/2014 - 19:46 Link
I wonder if he wr2 would in it?

Dave
davem
Posted 13/01/2014 - 20:29 Link
My last post was hijacked by the speech gremlins.

I was wondering if the WG2 would fit inside it.

There are similar Billingham pouches advertised at around £40-£50 so it looks like you got a great, very stylish bargain!
Blythman
Posted 13/01/2014 - 20:44 Link
Alan

PPG
Flickr
gartmore
Posted 13/01/2014 - 22:13 Link
I have that one too, and a leather ERC, and... I suffer from case buying addiction but don't actually use them. It's cheaper than LBA
Ken
JonSchick
Posted 13/01/2014 - 23:17 Link
Use that little Billingham pouch all the time with the MX-1; works a treat as it's small enough to use on a belt loop but spacious enough that the camera easily slips in and out without any fiddle. You can fit a spare battery in the bottom too, although I've yet to need more than one on a typical day or weekend's usage.
Jon

johnriley
Posted 13/01/2014 - 23:49 Link
Quote:
I suffer from case buying addiction

I know the feeling.
Best regards, John
gartmore
Posted 15/01/2014 - 17:49 Link
I wonder why my photo at the top of the thread is now upside down?

Anyway I'd be really interested to know just what camera these were originally deigned for. They arent just a plain pouch but quite subtly shaped
Ken
Edited by gartmore: 15/01/2014 - 17:49

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.