The old find new use!
Posted 23/03/2008 - 13:59
Link
Quote:
One thing that I really could not stop was tilting the camera after shooting to look at the back. It is just a reflex now as I am so used to doing it.
Well, could be worse, you could have tried to compensate the serious underexposure.
One thing that I really could not stop was tilting the camera after shooting to look at the back. It is just a reflex now as I am so used to doing it.
How inappropriate to call this planet earth when it is quite clearly Ocean. - Arthur C. Clarke
Prieni's PPG page
Prieni's PPG page
Posted 23/03/2008 - 18:30
Link
I excercised the ME Super the other day. Really miss that big bright viewfinder.
Posted 27/03/2008 - 16:32
Link
I looked through my ME-Super a couple of weeks ago.
I fell in. Someone had to pass me a ladder to climb out again.
I fell in. Someone had to pass me a ladder to climb out again.
you don't have to be mad to post here
but it does help
but it does help
Posted 27/03/2008 - 22:14
Link
I know what you mean... I was playing with a 645N-II the other day and was blown away. I really want a 645, a 45mm, 75mm and a 200mm.
For now I'm content with the two old 135 SLRs. Thing is, I may end up getting a film scanner if I continue shooting with them.
For now I'm content with the two old 135 SLRs. Thing is, I may end up getting a film scanner if I continue shooting with them.
Posted 28/03/2008 - 14:24
Link
Quote:
I did try to get some Velvia 100 ASA but apparently it has been discontinued and only the 50 ASA remains. I didn't have a tripod and the day was very changeable so I left the Velvia behind.
I did try to get some Velvia 100 ASA but apparently it has been discontinued and only the 50 ASA remains. I didn't have a tripod and the day was very changeable so I left the Velvia behind.
Have they discontinued Velvia 100F and 100DL?
The DL is quite new, but I could never get the hang of the F version, preferring instead Provia 100F...
Time for me to stock up again
Posted 28/03/2008 - 14:43
Link
All three Velvias are listed both at 7dayshop and on the Fuji US site (By 100DL do you just mean the Velvia 100 as oposed to the 100F?)
I used the 100F for a while and was very pleased with it - though I found I got the best results setting the ASA to 125 - at least with the metering on my MZ6
I used the 100F for a while and was very pleased with it - though I found I got the best results setting the ASA to 125 - at least with the metering on my MZ6
Tony Milner
Super A, ME Super, MZ6, K5II, Ricoh GR & lenses from 8-500mm
www.amilner.org
www.flickr.com/photos/tonymilner
Super A, ME Super, MZ6, K5II, Ricoh GR & lenses from 8-500mm
www.amilner.org
www.flickr.com/photos/tonymilner
Posted 28/03/2008 - 18:42
Link
Quote:
One thing that I really could not stop was tilting the camera after shooting to look at the back. It is just a reflex now as I am so used to doing it.
One thing that I really could not stop was tilting the camera after shooting to look at the back. It is just a reflex now as I am so used to doing it.
And did you forget to cock the shutter?
Posted 28/03/2008 - 19:51
Link
On the Velvia, that is just the information I was given. I have found it for sale in many places and am going to order at least a pack of 5 36 exposure rolls.
I have not forgotten to cock the shutter at all. I do it automatically after every shot with these cameras. I do have a the ME Winder II but it f*cks up and fires off continuously without actuating the shutter. Don't ask me why, I just gave up on it and shot fully manual.
I have not forgotten to cock the shutter at all. I do it automatically after every shot with these cameras. I do have a the ME Winder II but it f*cks up and fires off continuously without actuating the shutter. Don't ask me why, I just gave up on it and shot fully manual.
Posted 28/03/2008 - 22:33
Link
Quote:
I looked through my ME-Super a couple of weeks ago.
I fell in. Someone had to pass me a ladder to climb out again.
If you fell into the 'finder of my 645 you wouldn't get a ladder big enough to get out.
I looked through my ME-Super a couple of weeks ago.
I fell in. Someone had to pass me a ladder to climb out again.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Posted 30/03/2008 - 22:32
Link
I really do notice the difference in viewfinder withe the two film cameras and my K10. My partner doens't really take much notice in the difference. She probably doesn't pay that much attention to as the K10 has AF and the larger viewfinder is not as important.
I played with a 645 and loved the huge viewfinder, balance of the body and the lenses.
I played with a 645 and loved the huge viewfinder, balance of the body and the lenses.
Posted 30/03/2008 - 23:04
Link
If you love the viewfinder of the 645 then the 67 is another leap forwards.
I always wanted a 67, but in many ways the moment has passed.
I always wanted a 67, but in many ways the moment has passed.
Best regards, John
Posted 31/03/2008 - 20:15
Link
In truth, I'm biting my lip and generally hurting myself to stop writing this, the K20 has possibly blown the 645 away (apart from the viewfinder). I had a shoot a couple of weeks ago with the DS and shot some with the 645 as well. The 645 pics were better but with 40MB file size!!!! For all normal purposes, prints up to 12x10 wont show any marked differences. For me the K20 is the way to go when funds allow and the live view screen wont approcah the 645s optical 'finder but medium format is probabll now dead in the developer
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



2176 posts
19 years
West Midlands
Quite different using the old cameras again, especially as the finest adjustment is half a stop for the aperture and the meter only gives full stop indications. I am really looking forward to seeing the results though.
I did try to get some Velvia 100 ASA but apparently it has been discontinued and only the 50 ASA remains. I didn't have a tripod and the day was very changeable so I left the Velvia behind.
One thing that I really could not stop was tilting the camera after shooting to look at the back. It is just a reflex now as I am so used to doing it.
Dan
https://www.flickr.com/photos/honourabletyr/