The next train


philstaff

Link Posted 10/03/2015 - 21:34



Shot with the 28mm smc m lens on the KR

davidwozhere

Link Posted 11/03/2015 - 00:30
Lovely lens. The A version is just as good.
I see you've got this one plumb vertical !
This captures the entire feeling of waiting in the cold for a train that just won't turn up.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

bwlchmawr

Link Posted 11/03/2015 - 07:08
Aren't modern railway stations horrible? I bet Victorian railway architects are spinning in their graves. The stark utilitarianism perfectly suits the mood of the shot, though.
Best wishes,

Andrew

"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050 http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05

Ellida

Link Posted 11/03/2015 - 08:04
Yes, 'utilitarian' springs to mind. Whatever happened to art in architecture? Although this century has seen a resurgence in 'interesting' buildings.
Graham

davidtrout

Link Posted 11/03/2015 - 09:07
bwlchmawr wrote:
Aren't modern railway stations horrible? I bet Victorian railway architects are spinning in their graves. The stark utilitarianism perfectly suits the mood of the shot, though.

The irony here is that the original Monkwearmouth Station at Sunderland, built in the 19th century by the North Eastern Railway, still stands next to this modern structure. I believe its a listed building and is used as a museum. 21st century stations, such as the new Crossrail structure at Canary Warf much more artistic than anything built in the late 20th century.
David

PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout
PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout
Last Edited by davidtrout on 11/03/2015 - 09:08

philstaff

Link Posted 11/03/2015 - 14:54
davidwozhere wrote:
Lovely lens. The A version is just as good.
I see you've got this one plumb vertical !
This captures the entire feeling of waiting in the cold for a train that just won't turn up.

Oh but it did 15 mins late but that's the norm

philstaff

Link Posted 14/03/2015 - 15:44


redbusa99

Link Posted 14/03/2015 - 19:02
nice sharp shots there, surprised you did not get pounced on by a security jobsworth
K3 II and the odd lens or 2

Flickr

PeterKR

Link Posted 14/03/2015 - 22:42
redbusa99 wrote:
nice sharp shots there, surprised you did not get pounced on by a security jobsworth

I agree, lovely crisp images.
However, I didn't realise that Morrisons had there own trains !!!

Best regards
Peter

scarr1

Link Posted 15/03/2015 - 00:46
I felt like throwing myself of this platform at 3.50pm saturday.

no, im not suicidal, i just support Sunderland.

philstaff

Link Posted 15/03/2015 - 16:56
scarr1 wrote:
I felt like throwing myself of this platform at 3.50pm saturday.

no, im not suicidal, i just support Sunderland.

There is hope for me then.

Stuey

Link Posted 15/03/2015 - 19:54
philstaff wrote:
scarr1 wrote:
I felt like throwing myself of this platform at 3.50pm saturday.

no, im not suicidal, i just support Sunderland.

There is hope for me then.

Nice shots just don't throw your camera at Mr Poyet
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.