Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

The Futureheads at Durham Cathedral

DOIK
Posted 21/09/2012 - 15:24 Link
A few from a gig at Durham Cathedral last month.Most with Samsung GX 20 & DA 55-300 Iso 3200, f4.5-6.3,1/10-1/15 sec

Comment Image

This one was at ISO6400
Comment Image

Pentax K10 +50mm f1.7 Iso1600
Comment Image

Natasha Haws
Comment Image

The Lake Poets
Comment Image

Duo
Comment Image

It was dim in there.
John
cabstar
Posted 21/09/2012 - 16:20 Link
Looks to have been really dark in there and the dreaded LED lighting too, making the shoot a lot harder...

The bottom three I would have cropped a little tighter to crop the distractions out of each side of the frame, the blacks could have done with a little boost to reduce the noise in the blacks a tad.

The solo shots could have done with being framing a little lower to get the whole guitar in. I love the rim light in those two shots though.

The vertical 'wide' shot is interesting, I think I would have preffered a landscape wide to see the whole backdrop of the cathedral though.

Good effort though under really difficult conditions.
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography

Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released
DOIK
Posted 22/09/2012 - 10:26 Link
Cabstar, Thanks for your comments, I will go a bit wider and get the guitars in next time. A wide landscape in Durham Cathedral is no good as it is very narrow, I have one shot but two thirds of the frame is black.
I have heard they may be three gigs next year, so I will be able to get a bit more practice.

John

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.