Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

The Eiger

simonkit
Posted 30/05/2010 - 13:43 Link
Just revisiting a few old shots to try & get the best from them in processing. Would appreciate some thought on this one of the Eiger

thanks

Simon

Comment Image
[/IMG]
George Lazarette
Posted 30/05/2010 - 19:34 Link
It's not a bad shot, but nor is it a great shot. The light isn't terribly exciting, and you appear to have shot from quite a high vantage point, which makes the subject look less impressive. Most shots of the Eiger are taken from lower down.

I am not sure that the blue tint helps a lot. I think it would be interesting to see it in true black and white.

G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Anvh
Posted 01/06/2010 - 21:40 Link
George Lazarette wrote:
I am not sure that the blue tint helps a lot. I think it would be interesting to see it in true black and white.

I like it though, it makes it more icy and stand out from the rest however a B&W might be more powerful.
Stefan
Comment Image

K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ
simonkit
Posted 01/06/2010 - 22:20 Link
Thanks guys..

I agree with you george, it's not a great shot. It was taken whilst on a sightseeing trip of Switzerland which arrived at Midday

Coincidentally searching around the www I found this article/photos...now that's impressive & totally nuts too

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1267478/Climber-Dean-Potter-sc...

Simon
Snootchies
Posted 01/06/2010 - 23:57 Link
For my 2p's worth, I think it's a great shot, well composed. Nice detail. I just think it's a tad on the dark side. If you can lift the exposure a little, or use fill light/highlights I think it will transform it into something else.
Bob

My website (Hadfield Photography)

Pentax Gallery Artist page:link

Flickr Photostream: link

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.