The Brentford Triangle??????????

George Lazarette

Link Posted 27/05/2012 - 19:20
I am beginning to think there is something odd going on around here. Strange magnetic anomalies, poltergeists, faulty charts, who knows?

A few weeks ago I showed a pic of some young ladies who had run aground a few yards from my boat. Today, in EXACTLY the same spot, a magnificent motor yacht came to grief.

What can explain this bizarre phenomenon? I have wracked my brains, consulted the almanacs, pored over the charts, and, at last, I think I have found a solution. I have concluded that boats great and small go aground there BECAUSE IT IS SHALLOW.

I am very proud of this insight.

Anyway, after a few hours, Old Father Thames took pity on the owners of the motor yacht, and it floated free on the rising tide. With luck, only minimal damage was done.

G

Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.

Gwyn

Link Posted 27/05/2012 - 19:37
Nice looking gin palace. I bet pouring a G&T was tricky though .

Gives you something to watch of a Sunday afternoon anyway, even if not as attractive as the young ladies were.

George Lazarette

Link Posted 27/05/2012 - 19:52
Funny you should mention that, Gwyn. Actually,the boat was packed to the gunnels with young ladies, but a lifeboat turned up and disembarked them.

It wasn't "Women and chidren first", but "Ladies only"!

I actually know this boat, because I was often tied up beside it at Imperial Wharf in Chelsea. It is in absolutely magnificent condition, and the woodwork is quite superb.

So I'm glad it survived reasonably unscathed.

G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.