Tethering

tyronet2000

Link Posted 07/11/2017 - 08:12
stub wrote:
I bought a cheap 5 meter usb lead. used it with my K1 tethered into Lightroom with success..

Defeats the purpose of a cheap lusb ead if I need an expensive K-1 and don't use Lightroom
Regards
Stan

PPG

sebas77

Link Posted 02/04/2018 - 11:32
Resuming this thread. I would like to see the photos I take on a bigger screen in a studio. Using my laptop is surely an option, but logistically is annoying. I have an amazon fire tablet, which doesn't have google services, but I can root if there is something that works for sure.

Image sync is too slow, so I need something that works with a cable. On the PC Lightroom needs few seconds to show the image. Is there something like this for Android as well that can show images via cable automatically after shooting? PK_Tether needs root so I didn't try.

Is there a lightroom mobile that tethers?

Thanks for the help. BTW I don't really want to shoot with the tablet, so tether is not the right word, I want just to see the image after it has been taken, but without clicking anywhere, the sw should recognize the new photo automatically and show it.

davidwozhere

Link Posted 03/04/2018 - 00:32
Like was said earlier, if you just want to see the image in a bigger format then a field monitor is ideal. I can't peer through the viewfinder for long and so I use one for macro shooting. It takes the place of the camera screen in live view.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

sebas77

Link Posted 03/04/2018 - 09:09
thanks, what's the difference between a tablet and a field monitor?

I was hoping to do something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uKQENIQWEs

are you saying that I can exploit the HDMI connection? That would be awesome, I need to try!
Last Edited by sebas77 on 03/04/2018 - 09:11

JohnX

Link Posted 03/04/2018 - 11:11
Monitor will mirror the LCD screen on the camera, but no controls.

Tablet running appropriate software will mirror camera LCD, and give controls.

Could consider a Flucard in the camera, plus tablet or phone.

Some 50 monitors on Amazon, eBay, etc.
Last Edited by JohnX on 03/04/2018 - 11:12

sebas77

Link Posted 03/04/2018 - 12:32
thanks but what is the "appropriate software" for android? I wouldn't invest on a flucard, although Image Sync is quite awful due to the speed. Can Image Sync be used with usb cable?

Michelmik

Link Posted 11/07/2019 - 13:53
stub wrote:
I bought a cheap 5 meter usb lead. used it with my K1 tethered into Lightroom with success..

Do you have LIVE VIEW on your PC with this set up? I need to have live view so I can compose since my camera will be placed up far away!

SteveEveritt

Link Posted 15/07/2019 - 16:20
Try WiFi Commander for Pentax. Works a treat, simply by connecting to the camera via its WiFi
My Flickr link

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" (John Lennon)
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.