Testing a Vivitar Lens.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.
Photograph titled 'Into the woods' by sueriley selected as Pentax User's Photo of the Week.
Asahi Photo are offering free SLR health checks exclusively for the Pentax User membership.
Proudly supporting Pentax User |
||
![]() |
![]() |
|
1120 posts
6 years
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
The last two are my best - I think, others a bit too light?, but this is just a first time out with this Vivitar 75-205 f3.8 vintage lens I acquired this week from the 'Bay
It's the single ring not the other double ring, and I must say I'm shocked at how good it is. I compared best I could from some archive shots I took on a Pentax DFA* 70-200 f2.8, (a lens I no longer have BTW) and dare I say it's 'knocking right on the door'. At f8 these shots were taken, I didn't try any lower, and there is no CA and sharpness appears as good as best I can tell, the comparison pics are different locations unfortunately, in the 3rd pic the man could be identified IMHO.