Whitby photo workshop

Antony
Posted 27/06/2023 - 16:34 Link
I went on a photo workshop in April organised by Image Seen. Very enjoyable three days and well organised, I can recommend them to anyone looking for a workshop. (https://imageseen.co.uk/). Feel free to criticise and comment!

1. Dawn the first morning - the only day with a decent dawn!
Comment Image


2.
Comment Image


3.
Comment Image


4. Sandsend
Comment Image


5.
Comment Image


6. Staithes
Comment Image


7.
Comment Image


8. Saltburn
Comment Image


9. Robin Hood's Bay
Comment Image
jvs
Posted 27/06/2023 - 21:41 Link
Great variety of subjects, all very well captured, from a favourite part of the world. That said, no. 5 is for me outstandingly good - great stuff!
John
bforbes
Posted 27/06/2023 - 22:27 Link
Yes, 5 is really good, but so is 6. It's the way the coble stands out from the background
1stEverPentax
Posted 28/06/2023 - 11:24 Link
Really good set...great compostions and a nice variety of subject matter as John said.

If I had to choose a favourite or two...Nos.3 and 5

regards

Karlo
Spad
Posted 28/06/2023 - 16:31 Link
I am liking this lot!

I bet the boat would look great in B&W.

On #2, what was your focal point and what f stop did you use?
Edited by Spad: 28/06/2023 - 16:41
Antony
Posted 28/06/2023 - 20:17 Link
Thanks for all your comments.

No. 2 - f13 on the 16-85 lens (K-70) for 10 seconds. According to the Exif, I focussed at 4 metres. Seems awfully close!

Here's the boat in b&w -
Comment Image
Spad
Posted 28/06/2023 - 20:44 Link
That in B&W is brilliant!

f13... I would have thought the background would have been sharper! What lens length was it set to?

Have you ever used Hyperfocal? If not... you can get several phone apps that will give you the setting for the hyperfocal point on your lens.

Photopills is a great one, altho it is payware.
Edited by Spad: 28/06/2023 - 21:15
LennyBloke
Posted 29/06/2023 - 08:35 Link
These work so well together as a set, they tell the story of an old fishing town beautifully - no.9 is a super image and the additional boat image really pops into life when viewed large! You've clearly enjoyed your workshop experience, so have I
LennyBloke
pschlute
Posted 29/06/2023 - 11:07 Link
What a great set. The first has the wow factor but I love the boat with the misty background.
Antony
Posted 29/06/2023 - 16:03 Link
Thanks again folks!

Spad - I think the focus point was too close, not where I intended! Yes, I have 'dabbled' with hyperfocal.
The other one I took there is better for focus, 16-85 lens, f8.
Comment Image
Spad
Posted 30/06/2023 - 01:27 Link
Thats a clearer one...
K10D
Posted 30/06/2023 - 08:26 Link
Top set and worth looking at in detail.

Very well photographed and some of these are just pure emotion.

Splendid!

Best regards
Too far from a shore.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo