Tamron 60mm F2 Macro
Posted 07/12/2011 - 22:28
Link
Mike-P wrote:
I can't remember the last new lens Tamron released in Pentax mount.
Errrrrrmmmmm. I can't remember the last new lens Tamron released in Pentax mount.
I think it was the 17-50mm F2.8 back in 2006/2007(i think)
Since then we had the 18-250 re-badged as a Pentax, no 18-270, no VC lenses, no new 70-300, no 10-24.
It's not as though Tamron don't know how to make a K-mount lens, but it DOES seem a tad odd that since the 18-250 and the Pentax badge version of it, ALL of the new lenses Tamron have brought out, none have had the option of the K-mount? Did something sour the relationship between Tamron and Pentax as a result of the 18-250? Makes you wonder.....
Some Cameras
Posted 07/12/2011 - 22:29
Link
er 70-200mm 2.8 came out since 17-50mm
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography
Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released
Concert photography
Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released
Posted 07/12/2011 - 22:32
Link
cabstar wrote:
er 70-200mm 2.8 came out since 17-50mm
Thanks for that, I forget about the rather good 70-200. er 70-200mm 2.8 came out since 17-50mm
I'm not really that up on the Tamron timeline, but know that they do produce great TP lenses (my old manual 90mm F2.5 macro can attest to that)
Some Cameras
Posted 08/12/2011 - 11:16
Link
Offertonhatter wrote:
Since then we had the 18-250 re-badged as a Pentax, no 18-270, no VC lenses, no new 70-300, no 10-24.
The 10-24 is available in Pentax fitting, not sure of the release date but was tested by DPR February 2009 Announced at Photokina 2008. I've had a similar reply from Tamron regarding the 70-300 USD, Pentax/Ricoh need to up their game. We're not likeky to see VC lenses in Sony or Pentax mounts apparently.Since then we had the 18-250 re-badged as a Pentax, no 18-270, no VC lenses, no new 70-300, no 10-24.
John
Posted 08/12/2011 - 13:42
Link
How many lenses have pentax released for K mount in the last 4 years?
1 or did I miss something?
1 or did I miss something?
Lurking is shirking.!
Posted 08/12/2011 - 13:53
Link
Mike-P wrote:
Very surprised they arent making them for Sony. The 60mm is available though.?
Sigma and Tamron are apparently dropping OS/VR for Sony and Pentax because of the in-body stabilisation and some talk of confusion with end users. Tamron do make the 60mm in Sony mount.Very surprised they arent making them for Sony. The 60mm is available though.?
John
Posted 08/12/2011 - 14:21
Link
dougf8 wrote:
How many lenses have pentax released for K mount in the last 4 years?
1 or did I miss something?
In the last 4 years:How many lenses have pentax released for K mount in the last 4 years?
1 or did I miss something?
2008: DA 17-70/4 AL [IF] SDM, DA 35/2.8 Macro Limited, DA* 55/1.4 SDM, DA 55-300/4-5.8 ED, DA* 200/2.8 ED [IF] SDM, DA* 300/4 ED [IF] SDM
2009: DA 15/4 AL ED Limited, DA* 60-250/4 ED [IF] SDM, DA 18-55/3.5-5.6 AL WR, DA 50-200/4-5.6 ED WR
2010: DA 35/2.4 AL, DA 18-135/3.5-5.6 AL ED [IF] WR, D FA 100/2.8 Macro WR
John
Posted 08/12/2011 - 14:46
Link
Hmmm, what pentax ever done for us....
Well there's only one that will have sold like hot cakes.
3 are just WR revamps.
1 over 1000.
Well there's only one that will have sold like hot cakes.
3 are just WR revamps.
1 over 1000.
Lurking is shirking.!
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1172 posts
17 years
UK
So, I e-mailed Tamron as to why they don't make it in the K-mount.
Here is their response
Thank you very much for your inquiry.
Unfortunately, we do not currently have a plan to make our SP AF60mm F/2 DiII MACRO (Model G005) for Pentax. Nevertheless, you can be assured that Tamron observes the market very carefully, and we will certainly pass your email along to the appropriate department.
Best regards,
----------------------------------------------
Tamron Co.,Ltd.
So, bad news that they are not making it in the foreseeable, but could be good news IF the market for Pentax generally increases. So, Ricoh. You know what you have to do.