Tamron 17-50 problem

Russ
Posted 10/08/2013 - 19:07 Link
Having some problems with a Tamron 17-50 2.8. The AF works fine from 17-34mm but 35-50mm it just hunts but never locks. Doesn't matter what the distance or the light.
Does anyone have any ideas what the problem maybe? Or how much Tamron will charge to fix it?

Desperate to get it working.
AndrewA
Posted 10/08/2013 - 19:20 Link
I have never had that problem with mine Russ, but I will have a go tomorrow and see if I can make it happen.
Andrew

"I'm here because the whiskey is free" - Tyla

PPG link
Flickr link
Russ
Posted 10/08/2013 - 19:28 Link
Many thanks Andrew, that'd be great. It's weird that only part of the zoom range is affected. I sort of have two lenses now. A 17-34 2.8 AF and a 35-50 manual zoom.
Sent in a service request to Tamron, see what they say.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo