Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

T Ring availability for Pentax Cameras

master48
Posted 05/03/2009 - 23:11 Link
This relates to the topic of attachimg a telescope to a Pentax DSLR. I have to inform everyone that it appears that it is not possible to obtain a T Ring as no company seems to make them!! The one site that advertised such a ring had made a mistake in their description!!

If anyone knows where I can get one I would be most grateful. The poor support/availability for accessories such as this is a major drawback of the Pentax system. Another example of this was trying for 3 months to get a set of extension tubes, which I obtained only by sheer luck! The T ring is a basic and cheap item available for other systems!

Many thanks,

Mark
johnriley
Posted 05/03/2009 - 23:43 Link
It is also readily available for Pentax K mount as well. I suggest you contact SRB Film Services, who supply every conceivable adapter. Those they don't supply they can make for you.
Best regards, John
Bob and his Pentax
Posted 06/03/2009 - 00:01 Link
If you put "Telescope adaptor pentax K" into google there are a few hits - including T-ring and adaptor tube on ebay - 'buy it now' for just under £20.

Put "T ring pentax" into Google and there are at least 10 good hits, covering several makers prices starting at £10.

As for extensions tubes the shop associated with the site comes up FIRST in the results of a google search for "pentax extension tubes" cost just £12, Kenko auto tubes from £121

Good luck
Bob
Good luck

Bob

Pentax user since 1978, Digital since 1997.
Kit includes: K-7, K20D, K10D, *istDS, full set DA* lens, etc
Father Ted
Posted 06/03/2009 - 08:49 Link
master48 wrote:
This relates to the topic of attachimg a telescope to a Pentax DSLR. I have to inform everyone that it appears that it is not possible to obtain a T Ring as no company seems to make them!! The one site that advertised such a ring had made a mistake in their description!!

If anyone knows where I can get one I would be most grateful. The poor support/availability for accessories such as this is a major drawback of the Pentax system. Another example of this was trying for 3 months to get a set of extension tubes, which I obtained only by sheer luck! The T ring is a basic and cheap item available for other systems!

Many thanks,

Mark

Got mine £9.95 off ebay. Arrived two days later.
I got it from a "Vintage camera" accessories shop. But, as the K mount hasn't changed down the years, I'd say, far from a drawback, it is a selling point (IMHO)

Oh, My friend paid almost £30 for a T ring adapter for his Canon DSLR.Another plus for Pentax!
Getting there! Thanks to you guys

Pentax K10d, *istDL, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Edited by Father Ted: 06/03/2009 - 08:50
Mongoose
Posted 19/03/2009 - 22:27 Link
I got mine from here

http://www.telescopesplus.co.uk/viewsubcategories.php/Accessories/T-Rings_for_35...

they don't have any Pentax ones right now, but they'll be back in stock soon enough
you don't have to be mad to post here

but it does help

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.