Help, 16-50 hood


mxds

Link Posted 15/03/2009 - 13:25
Ive managed to lose the little plate that covers the polarizer hole in my 16-50 lens hood. Does anyone have one ? or know if they can be purchased with out the hood
Thanks.

Tyr

Link Posted 15/03/2009 - 17:24
Try SRS microsystems, they may be able t get you one.
Regards,
Dan

https://www.flickr.com/photos/honourabletyr/

fatspider

Link Posted 15/03/2009 - 17:50
mxds wrote:
Ive managed to lose the little plate that covers the polarizer hole in my 16-50 lens hood. Does anyone have one ? or know if they can be purchased with out the hood
Thanks.

I wouldn't bother, probably cost you as much as a new hood and its not going to do any harm unless you have the hood on upside down with the hole at the top.

I lost mine off my 18-35 a long time ago, it was irritating at the time but I never missed it since, PS if anyone finds one of these in Prague its mine
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link

Hardgravity

Link Posted 15/03/2009 - 17:58
I lost this bit from one of my hoods, black insulating tape works just as well!

Nowadays I seldom use a hood, lens flare can be attractive in some shots and removed in PS.
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

I've some gallerieshere CLICKY LINK! and my PPG entries.

womble

Link Posted 16/03/2009 - 18:54
Hardgravity wrote:
Nowadays I seldom use a hood, lens flare can be attractive in some shots and removed in PS.

I thought hoods had become the item of choice for protecting your lens now that filters are out... [ducks and runs for cover...]
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

gartmore

Link Posted 17/03/2009 - 08:08
womble wrote:
Hardgravity wrote:
Nowadays I seldom use a hood, lens flare can be attractive in some shots and removed in PS.

I thought hoods had become the item of choice for protecting your lens now that filters are out... [ducks and runs for cover...]

Troublemaker
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -

Greytop

Link Posted 17/03/2009 - 08:23
womble wrote:
I thought hoods had become the item of choice for protecting your lens now that filters are out... [ducks and runs for cover...]


Regards Huw

flickr
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.