Support for Pentax Cameras

mayday

Link Posted 23/07/2012 - 22:24
I recently contacted Kirk @ Kirk Enterprise Solutions and asked about the supply of an L bracket for my K5.
The response I got was:

Sorry we no longer do.

Thank you,

Kirk Enterprise Solutions
260-665-3670
www.kirkenterprisesolutions.com

I contacted Lens Coat a while back also, asking about covers for Pentax Lenses - Not much joy there either

In both cases - N***N and C***N are well catered for.

Kirk also make brackets for Sony etc

Come on Pentax (RICOH) raise your profile...
Regards
David

Retired at last - now all that time for photography - you would think: wink:

froeschle

Link Posted 24/07/2012 - 08:53

mayday

Link Posted 24/07/2012 - 21:52
Thank you for the information. I did contact Lens Coat about a cover for my FA*600 and they asked me to ship it to them so they could measure and fit a cover...I don't think so! Surely there must be somebody stateside that owns this lens and could visit Lens Coat?
Watch this space
Regards
David

Frogherder

Link Posted 25/07/2012 - 12:35
I don't understand why they would want the actual lens (from any manufacturer) to produce a cover.

Surely the dimensions are all that are needed and they are published by Pentax.

If they really need a 'model' to check then make a dummy from wood or other suitable material then rough handling etc won't upset anyone.

regards
Bernard

PIRATE

Link Posted 12/01/2013 - 20:17
Lenscoat hoodies are available from WEX. Whether plain black or camo, you can also choose postage type (don't pay the automated 4.99 as there is a cheaper 2.99 option available at checkout) and payment by PP or card. You can get the full product data from the LensCoat website, though WEX's description is good enough, though do measure the front element first so you get the correct size range. For example, a plain black cover to fit a Tokina AF 112mm 300/2.8 AT-X SD lens (4.4") 10.8cm to 12.1cm (4.25" to 4.75") is 12.99 + 2.99 postage (product code: LCHLBLACK). This is based on converting mm to inches. I didn't check to see if a smaller size plain black or camo finish is cheaper still.

As the covers are already sized fro arguably every front element size, you should have no problem ordering a suitable cover from WEX. Being neoprene (same as a wet-suit) it wont damage the paintwork.
fluidr : Airplane-Pictues : redbubble
Last Edited by PIRATE on 12/01/2013 - 20:22

Helpful

Gwyn

Link Posted 12/01/2013 - 21:10
I realise this is an old thread but Really Right Stuff still make an L-plate for the K-5 and there are universal ones which fit just fine too.

Helpful

mayday

Link Posted 12/01/2013 - 23:56
Gwyn wrote:
I realise this is an old thread but Really Right Stuff still make an L-plate for the K-5 and there are universal ones which fit just fine too.

Thanks Gwyn - the K5 plate is on back order at the moment
Regards
David

mayday

Link Posted 12/01/2013 - 23:59
PIRATE wrote:
Lenscoat hoodies are available from WEX. Whether plain black or camo, you can also choose postage type (don't pay the automated 4.99 as there is a cheaper 2.99 option available at checkout) and payment by PP or card. You can get the full product data from the LensCoat website, though WEX's description is good enough, though do measure the front element first so you get the correct size range. For example, a plain black cover to fit a Tokina AF 112mm 300/2.8 AT-X SD lens (4.4") 10.8cm to 12.1cm (4.25" to 4.75") is 12.99 + 2.99 postage (product code: LCHLBLACK). This is based on converting mm to inches. I didn't check to see if a smaller size plain black or camo finish is cheaper still.

As the covers are already sized fro arguably every front element size, you should have no problem ordering a suitable cover from WEX. Being neoprene (same as a wet-suit) it wont damage the paintwork.

Thanks "Pirate" I was really looking for the complete cover for the lens. Will think about a neoprene lens cover though, rather than carry around the pentax leather one that comes with the lens
Regards
David

Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.