Summertime

Gwyn

Link Posted 30/03/2008 - 10:42
For those of you in Europe - don't forget to reset the clock in your camera for summertime
Along with the microwave, alarm clock, mobile phone, car etc etc. I always manage to forget to change something until a few weeks have gone by (usually the camera . )

Clarky

Link Posted 30/03/2008 - 10:50
Gwyn wrote:
For those of you in Europe - don't forget to reset the clock in your camera for summertime
Along with the microwave, alarm clock, mobile phone, car etc etc. I always manage to forget to change something until a few weeks have gone by (usually the camera . )

We have another week to go before returning to non daylight saving
it always depresses me when it gets dark at 5.30pm so i am not looking forward to going back.
Camera:|K-7|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|

pentaxian450

Link Posted 30/03/2008 - 12:13
Clarky wrote:
Gwyn wrote:

We have another week to go before returning to non daylight saving
it always depresses me when it gets dark at 5.30pm so i am not looking forward to going back.

You shouldn't complain. In your part of the world, days get shorter, but you don't get burried under 2 metres of snow. Right now, this is what I have to deal with in my backyard. I like winter sports, but it comes to a point wher too much is really too much!

Don

Link Posted 30/03/2008 - 13:33
yeah..we got snow, wind, and ice last nite...
(and no, that's not some rock band...) lot's of car accidents, and not even safe to walk anywhere 'cause of the ice.

I saw clarky's photo of the fireside, and thought... "Dam, I'm inviting myself over, and I'm bringing Canadian beer."

btw, whatcha' got cookin in that giant pot?
I sure hope it isn't one of those giant rabbits ya got hoppin around down under....that migh traumatize the lil' ones, being Easter and all.

not that the rabbit doesn't have it coming.... after muscle-ing in on Jesus's holiday...javascript:emoticon('')
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.

Mannesty

Link Posted 30/03/2008 - 14:23
Well the sun has been shining here, for . . . weeks actually. 21 degrees C indoors, it's getting warm . . . I can't remember the last time we had rain, and snow is (almost) unheard of this far south.

Summer's not coming for us . . . it's here.

Summer does have it's downside though, 45 degrees inside in the summer is unbareable.
Peter E Smith

My flickr Photostream

Clarky

Link Posted 30/03/2008 - 21:28
Don wrote:
yeah..we got snow, wind, and ice last nite...
(and no, that's not some rock band...) lot's of car accidents, and not even safe to walk anywhere 'cause of the ice.

I saw clarky's photo of the fireside, and thought... "Dam, I'm inviting myself over, and I'm bringing Canadian beer."

btw, whatcha' got cookin in that giant pot?
I sure hope it isn't one of those giant rabbits ya got hoppin around down under....that migh traumatize the lil' ones, being Easter and all.

not that the rabbit doesn't have it coming.... after muscle-ing in on Jesus's holiday...javascript:emoticon('')

Let me know when you land Don i will pick you and the beer up from airport
No giant rabbit in the pot i'm afraid. Its actually my home made hot water system, when the water is hot enough i pump it up to a small tank in the shower tent. It works a treat I love my creature comforts when out in the bush.
Camera:|K-7|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|

pentaxian450

Link Posted 31/03/2008 - 00:48
Mannesty wrote:
Well the sun has been shining here, for . . . weeks actually. 21 degrees C indoors, it's getting warm . . . I can't remember the last time we had rain, and snow is (almost) unheard of this far south.

Summer's not coming for us . . . it's here.

Summer does have it's downside though, 45 degrees inside in the summer is unbareable.

That is downright dirty. Do you really have to rub it in?

golfdiesel

Link Posted 31/03/2008 - 10:31
time to skip the useless business with daylight saving time. It has no use at all, it only disrupts your biological clock...
Camera:K20D|Ist*DS|Spotmatic II|MZ-10
Pentax Lenses: DA16-45|DA50-200|50A 1.7
Tamron Lenses: 28-200
Takumar Lenses: SMC 55 1.8
Sigma Lenses: EX DG 50-500 'Bigma'|EX 50mm Macro
Flashes: Metz 58 AF-1|Samsung SEF-36PZF|Pentax AF-220T

George Lazarette

Link Posted 31/03/2008 - 10:41
golfdiesel wrote:
time to skip the useless business with daylight saving time. It has no use at all, it only disrupts your biological clock...

Agreed. Keep Summertime all year.

G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.

Hyram

Link Posted 31/03/2008 - 13:24
George Lazarette wrote:
golfdiesel wrote:

G

Agreed

I believe that there is a Private Members Bill on the subject but it will probably die a death.
Hyram

Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T

Gwyn

Link Posted 31/03/2008 - 14:07
Hyram wrote:
George Lazarette wrote:
Quote:

G

Agreed

I believe that there is a Private Members Bill on the subject but it will probably die a death.

Of course it will, what with the whingeing Scots and the Euro sceptics not wanting to go on to Euro time. Unless of course Europe does the same and we stay on GMT+2 all year round. Suits me, though it will be very dark in the mornings mid winter.

Don

Link Posted 31/03/2008 - 14:18
daylight savings time was invented to save candle wax in north america.
seems a little foolish, to pursue it at all.

now scrapping the current calendar system in favour of a simpler (think metric system of measurement) even numbered system makes more sense.

and forcing all companies that have employees who do 80% or more of thier work at a computer, to work from home...now that will save a heck of alot more than candlewax, when all those gas guzzling cars, get the heck out of my way, in the morning!
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.

browngo1

Link Posted 31/03/2008 - 15:19
Gwyn wrote:

Of course it will, what with the whingeing Scots and the Euro sceptics not wanting to go on to Euro time.

Hmmm, how to win friends and influence people
Gordon
---------
K10D

Gwyn

Link Posted 31/03/2008 - 15:57
browngo1 wrote:
Gwyn wrote:

Of course it will, what with the whingeing Scots and the Euro sceptics not wanting to go on to Euro time.

Hmmm, how to win friends and influence people

T'was but a joke. Makes a change from whingeing Scousers/Poms/fill in your own subject

But the Scots do tend to go on about the clocks changing more than the rest of the UK. At least that is the impression I get from listening to Radio 4.

PS isn't it great how a simple reminder to change the clock on your camera turns into a political row

gartmore

Link Posted 31/03/2008 - 20:21
Hyram wrote:
George Lazarette wrote:
Quote:

G

Agreed

Some of us live North of you, we dont want children walking to school in the dark. There was an experiment many years ago (1960s I think) which caused an enormous increase in road accidents to children on their way to school. Are the Netherlands now within the circumference of the M25?
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.