Summer in Devon.

loadoftripe

Link Posted 11/07/2022 - 14:38
A few shots for summer, why queue at the airports when staycations are an option and good weather too.

3. Garden

Lubbyman

Link Posted 11/07/2022 - 16:18
When I were a lad, we had holidays, not vacations. A holiday meant a week at the Great British Seaside. Going on vacation or, even worse, abroad was for people who were rich and a class or three above our status in the world. And the word 'staycation' hadn't been discovered.

And when we went on holiday, we saw things like in your pictures. It was good to see them then and it's good to see your pictures now .

Now I come to think of it, there was also something called the British Summer, which meant that a holiday wasn't all sun and heat, and it always coincided with school holidays.

Steve

Urbanmeister

Link Posted 11/07/2022 - 17:36
'You 'ad 'olidays? You were looky.'

Sorry, couldn't help myself. I'll make my own way out.

Also agree with Lubbyman about the seaside. For my family it was Clacton which was bloody cold. On top of that the woollen swimming togs your mum had knitted would stretch to below your (skinny) knees when you came out of the water shivering.

On another matter, thought the images were absolutely great especially the third one.
Be well, stay safe.
Last Edited by Urbanmeister on 11/07/2022 - 17:38

pschlute

Link Posted 12/07/2022 - 11:36
Lovely sky in number 1
Peter

My Flickr page

MrB

Link Posted 12/07/2022 - 12:52
The first is a great image for both the sky and the rocky shore seen mainly under the seawater.

(In my young childhood for several summer holidays my parents took me by train for a week in Blackpool. The things I remember are that it always seemed to be windy, and on the beach the sand-blasting of a little boy's legs was quite painful! However, dodging the waves crashing over the promenade at high tide was great fun!)

Philip
Last Edited by MrB on 12/07/2022 - 12:53

loadoftripe

Link Posted 13/07/2022 - 17:24
Thanks peeps for the comments.

Urbanmeister

Link Posted 13/07/2022 - 17:26
loadoftripe wrote:
Thanks peeps for the comments.

Well deserved.
Be well, stay safe.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.