Suggestions for the next meet ?

greynolds999

Link Posted 22/10/2009 - 19:12
Yes, it was by the whalebones on the West Cliff I meant, but let's go with the bottom of the steps. I assume we are all talking about meeting on the Saturday 31st (Halloween!)

I'll still suggest North Terrace area for parking. You can (last time I was there) park on the road for free. And it's a nice walk down (but a longer walk back up)!

Just for clarity the steps are actually on the junction of Church Street and Church lane. link
My Photobucket

Technoblurb

Link Posted 23/10/2009 - 07:47
The abbey steps it is then on the Saturday (Halloween) around 10:30 to 11:00. P.s where is the nearest coffee shop?

johnriley

Link Posted 23/10/2009 - 08:25
The nearest coffee shop is quite small, but you'll see it if you look a few degrees to your right as you face the steps, about 10 feet away!
Best regards, John
Last Edited by johnriley on 23/10/2009 - 08:25

fatspider

Link Posted 23/10/2009 - 09:12
The coffee shop John mentions is tiny, I doubt there would be enough avalable seats for everyone, so coffeeholoics better make sure they have a good fix before leaving home. There is always the pub though

I can also confirm I will be free on the saturday, however my arthritis has flared up and I'm currenly hobbling around in cripple mode, if it doesn't settle down then I'm afraid you'll be missing one in number
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link

Technoblurb

Link Posted 23/10/2009 - 09:31
Sorry to hear you are not in fighting form Alan, It won't be the same without you walking across at least one of my shots
Last Edited by Technoblurb on 23/10/2009 - 09:31

fatspider

Link Posted 23/10/2009 - 09:39
Quote:
It won't be the same without you walking across at least one of my shots

At my current rate of "walking" I'd probably be in all of them, I'm still hoping for it to settle down, I did have the same problem a week or so before the Thorp meet and I got it under control for that, so theres always hope.
My PPG link
My Flckr link

davidtrout

Link Posted 23/10/2009 - 14:17
Unless I can shake them off when you see me I'll probably be with some disreputable looking characters wielding Nikons and Canons. They are members of Durham Photographic Society who also plan to go to Whitby on Saturday. Despite the gear they pack there are some cool photographers among them.
david.
PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout

greynolds999

Link Posted 23/10/2009 - 18:36
impotentspider wrote:
Quote:
It won't be the same without you walking across at least one of my shots

At my current rate of "walking" I'd probably be in all of them, I'm still hoping for it to settle down, I did have the same problem a week or so before the Thorp meet and I got it under control for that, so theres always hope.

The good thing is that Whitby is fairly flat. At least on the cliffs! Hope you're able to make it.
My Photobucket

Technoblurb

Link Posted 23/10/2009 - 18:37
I hope they are house trained David? That aside it will be interesting to meet up with other photographers from the north east.

greynolds999

Link Posted 26/10/2009 - 14:12
So who is confirmed for the weekend? I'm going (if for no other reason than I want to test the car on the moors road)!
My Photobucket

Technoblurb

Link Posted 26/10/2009 - 15:52
Me

bforbes

Link Posted 27/10/2009 - 19:10
I mentioned the Whitby Goth weekend. Then the daughter started talking about boned corsets and capes and the next thing I know I'm elected taxi driver. I tried to complain but to no avail, so I'll just have to meet you their.
Barrie
Too Old To Die Young

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes

fatspider

Link Posted 27/10/2009 - 21:39
Are we to take it that you are letting your daughter out wearing little more than a boned corset and cape, shame on you Barrie

Or are you just trying to bolster the numbers
My PPG link
My Flckr link

bforbes

Link Posted 27/10/2009 - 21:47
impotentspider wrote:
Are we to take it that you are letting your daughter out wearing little more than a boned corset and cape, shame on you Barrie

Or are you just trying to bolster the numbers

She's past the age of "letting". Very much her own woman. Anyway how is your arthritis, do you think you wil be able to "bolster the numbers".
Barrie
Too Old To Die Young

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes

davidtrout

Link Posted 27/10/2009 - 21:51
The Goth websites are buzzing with excitement about going to Whitby at the weekend to see all the photographers.
david
PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.