studio shoot (pregnant portrait)
Posted 24/01/2010 - 21:34
Link
A friend of mine does this sort of work. Have a look at www.golpysphotography.co.uk
I think there's one very nice example in the Studio section.
I think there's one very nice example in the Studio section.
Best regards, John
Posted 24/01/2010 - 21:39
Link
Thank you John I will let you know how it goes
James
I think I am right going for a black background ??
James
I think I am right going for a black background ??
Posted 25/01/2010 - 19:47
Link
well had a really good shoot.
nice to shoot with a different background other than white(high key)
started the shoot with b/dish at the front and a hair light at the back.
And finished with barn doors and h/c on the back with b/dish to the right and a soft box on the left with some black panels to the right and some silver to the left.
Will upload images later
the reason why later because i've got the plumber in to fix the heating
£315.00 to replace a faulty pump
I've been raped (that how i feel )
James
nice to shoot with a different background other than white(high key)
started the shoot with b/dish at the front and a hair light at the back.
And finished with barn doors and h/c on the back with b/dish to the right and a soft box on the left with some black panels to the right and some silver to the left.
Will upload images later
the reason why later because i've got the plumber in to fix the heating
£315.00 to replace a faulty pump
I've been raped (that how i feel )
James
Posted 26/01/2010 - 08:44
Link
Sounds like it went well, I was about to suggest you had a look at the Vanity Fair cover of Demi Moore (Annie Leibovitz I think) but too late.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Posted 26/01/2010 - 13:03
Link
Ken Thank you for the suggestion
I went on line and looked at poses in the end.
Do you think it will offend people if I posted in your photo's or should I post in the gallery where it can be filtered ??
What do you think
James
I went on line and looked at poses in the end.
Do you think it will offend people if I posted in your photo's or should I post in the gallery where it can be filtered ??
What do you think
James
Posted 26/01/2010 - 13:14
Link
Well I suppose it depends on the photo
How could anyone be offended by a pregnant woman, we've all come from there.
Maybe best to check with your model that she is happy with it though.
How could anyone be offended by a pregnant woman, we've all come from there.
Maybe best to check with your model that she is happy with it though.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Posted 26/01/2010 - 13:25
Link
If in doubt, I suggest using the Gallery so it can be filtered.
On the face of it there shouldn't be a problem in the forum section, but it does indeed depend on the photos.
On the face of it there shouldn't be a problem in the forum section, but it does indeed depend on the photos.
Best regards, John
Posted 26/01/2010 - 13:30
Link
One step ahead my friend no images will be shown with out the model's consent.
I really feel for the model, she was not told about the shoot until she arrived at the studio (this was not my doing).The clients where friends of the owner of the building I have my studio in. Even this shoot was free (will get, fingers crossed client for life. already agreed first born Photo shoot) so we sat her down and did hair and make-up had some light lunch and off to the studio for a informal shoot. Really nice day I enjoyed it no pressure at all and finished off, with flowers for the model.
James
I really feel for the model, she was not told about the shoot until she arrived at the studio (this was not my doing).The clients where friends of the owner of the building I have my studio in. Even this shoot was free (will get, fingers crossed client for life. already agreed first born Photo shoot) so we sat her down and did hair and make-up had some light lunch and off to the studio for a informal shoot. Really nice day I enjoyed it no pressure at all and finished off, with flowers for the model.
James
Posted 26/01/2010 - 13:33
Link
John they are not nude
one or two with breasts coved by her arms.
Just checking really as i don't want to offend parents with children that use this site for info and inspiration
James
one or two with breasts coved by her arms.
Just checking really as i don't want to offend parents with children that use this site for info and inspiration
James
Posted 27/01/2010 - 12:37
Link
Posted 27/01/2010 - 12:40
Link
James,
I kind of like it myself. Not sure if the black background is overkill or not, but it does work.
The Photomonk
I kind of like it myself. Not sure if the black background is overkill or not, but it does work.
The Photomonk
Posted 27/01/2010 - 12:50
Link
It certainly works for me - though I have to be honest I would not have wanted someone to take it when I was pregnant.
But it's a great picture and I hope they are happy with the outcome - I would be.
But it's a great picture and I hope they are happy with the outcome - I would be.
let the education continue
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
Posted 27/01/2010 - 17:35
Link
Thank you for your comments
The Photomonk and technoidiot they loved the image and as it was a first I learned a lot about my own technique and lighting. but photography is a journey.
James
The Photomonk and technoidiot they loved the image and as it was a first I learned a lot about my own technique and lighting. but photography is a journey.
James
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



1249 posts
17 years
Warwickshire
This will be a first for me so any advice would be greatly received
I have a pregnant lady and her partner to capture.
I think I will suggest a black background to bring out rich skin tones and moody shadows.
But as always open to suggestions
James