Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Stroll in the Snow

fatspider
Posted 26/01/2021 - 15:00 Link
Managed a stroll in the snow a week or so ago, it's usually gone by the time I get out so was quite pleased with myself.
All taken with the Q and standard 02 Zoom with the exception of the Horse with the 06 Telephoto.
Comment Image
Comment Image
Comment Image
Comment Image

Comment Image
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link
cardiffgareth
Posted 26/01/2021 - 15:35 Link
So jealous!

I went from my post to Kris' post, both mono and them bam that red from the sign proper hits you

Great exposures and white white! The framing of the horse pic and then that last pic are super, really well seen.

Off to be jealous now as we had zero snow here but there was snow 10 miles up the road but couldn't get to it due to lockdown restrictions
Gareth Williams ARPS

My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT
fatspider
Posted 27/01/2021 - 17:23 Link
I wouldn't be that jealous, it had mostly gone the following day, nothing left in the trees and what was left on the ground was shrinking fast.
If we get any more I really need to start shooting RAW with the Q so I get a bit more leeway with the exposures.
My PPG link
My Flckr link
LennyBloke
Posted 27/01/2021 - 18:58 Link
Great variety, superb exposure control (and processing) and excellent compositions - particularly impressed by the retention of a range of tones alongside the bright snow (which is not over-blown) - I've been shooting raw in the snow with my GRIII and haven't produced a tonal range like this
LennyBloke
Sry
Posted 27/01/2021 - 22:54 Link
Those red and white shots certainly jump out, but I do like the horse image in particular - especially how the snow streaks fall on the silhouette.
davidwozhere
Posted 28/01/2021 - 00:10 Link
First and last for me. The tonal range and the overall sharpness are quite remarkable. Certainly a great tribute to the camera - as well as the spider using it.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd
RobL
Posted 28/01/2021 - 07:17 Link
A lovely set, I especially like 2 and 4, those red hips really pop.
michaelblue
Posted 28/01/2021 - 20:22 Link
That last one is great, just shows how good the little Q is, I used mine almost every day for 3 years in Tanzania and it's still as good as new !

Oh, and that 06 lens is a cracker!
Regards,
Michael
Edited by michaelblue: 28/01/2021 - 20:24
fatspider
Posted 28/01/2021 - 21:13 Link
Thanks for the comments guys.

Personally I'm not that thrilled with the horse, the hedge was in the way and it was quite far off, If I recal correctly the 06 lens was at maximum and no matter how I tried I could'nt get those twigs out if the way.
My PPG link
My Flckr link
womble
Posted 28/01/2021 - 21:36 Link
Some lovely images. I really like the way the red pops in the first one. Super.

K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website
Lubbyman
Posted 28/01/2021 - 22:32 Link
A lovely and varied set that captures a distinctly wintery mood .

There's definitely a 'Q-ness' to these images. Something to do with the reds and perhaps the depth of field and tonal range - hard to pin it down. Worth trying out RAW, but when the JPEGs are as good as this it hardly seems worth the time and effort!

Steve

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.