Stripy Fields

Lubbyman

Link Posted 04/05/2020 - 16:14
It's been a while since anyone posted pictures of stripy fields, so here are a few for old time's sake. Taken one evening last week on a rare day when the sun was shining. I'm wondering whether to make a huge print of the last one and try to sell it for 1M to the person who bought that picture of the Rhine ... link

K3 + 55-300.

Thoughts, comments etc. welcome as usual.

Steve

jvs

Link Posted 04/05/2020 - 16:37
I do like lines in photos, Steve, as you know, and these come with an interesting textural feel to them too. I will say that I'd rather have one of these than the Rhine photo you have linked to! Haven't seen anything like this locally so far this year, but then it's barely springtime up here.
John

Sry

Link Posted 04/05/2020 - 21:37
Stripy works for me, Steve My choice here might be the first, with the curvy green background contrasting with the stripy brownish foreground. But there's more than first meets the eye in the second, with its intricate double pattern. And I do like the third, quite rythmic in nature. So I guess if I had to choose it would be all 3.

davidwozhere

Link Posted 05/05/2020 - 02:00
Fascinating. They could almost be passed off as textiles.
Both the *istDS and the K5 are incurably addicted to old glass

My page on Photocrowd - link

thingsthatihaveseen

Link Posted 05/05/2020 - 17:44
Really like these Steve... v well seen... partic like the second... could almost be a macro shot of a shreddie... re Gursky, as you say it's all about scale... reckon a 12 ft print should do it ...

Best
Bill

BillWardPhotography
Instagram
Facebook

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 05/05/2020 - 19:00
Agree with the comments, they almost look like textures from fabric, especially the 2nd.
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm ii HSM Macro - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Sigma 50-500mm - Pentax AF 540 FGZ Ii

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px

MrB

Link Posted 06/05/2020 - 00:31
Steve, I enjoy stripy field images like these, and have used a couple of mine at the local club. Re. Andreas Gursky, the Art World is a mystery - in my view some of his other images are so much better than Rhein II.

Philip

Lubbyman

Link Posted 07/05/2020 - 14:24
Thanks folks. Textiles, shreddies - interesting how the mind makes links to totally different things. When I was editing them, 'knitting' came to mind.

There's a lot more detail in the full res images but not quite enough for a 12 ft print . Perhaps take a walk with the Da*300mm, tripod and no dog next time the field is ploughed...

Steve
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.