Street Portrait
- Topic Locked - You will not be able to post to this topic. Stopped before it gets out of hand
Posted 22/04/2009 - 23:33
Link
Thanks for those words, Martin. I don't hold any bad feelings to you either, of course its water under the bridge.
"All the technique in the world doesn’t compensate for the inability to notice." - Elliott Erwitt
http://paulyrichard.wordpress.com/
http://paulyrichard.wordpress.com/
Posted 23/04/2009 - 21:14
Link
I hope moderators are monitoring some of these postings, I thought this forum was for discussion/debate on Pentax equipment, photography and photographic images not political soap boxes for individual political views or opinions. As in heated debate on Police Pigs, facists, illegal Iraq war and no law against Vagrancy and Ask not what you can do for your country, ask what your country is doing to you brigade.
First off let me say again I think Paulyrichards images are very good and some of his arcitecture shots excellent.
However pauly tends to get some members backs up with his comments and personal opinions that accompany them. Pauly please confine it to photogaphic and image discussion. When you first posted your homeless images,from your original comments made me think,, are you like those who took photos of Princess Di in the Paris tunnel. Now that you have enlightened me I am glad your images have been accepted into a gallery to promote your work.
By the way Pauly vagrancy is against the law. Vagrancy Act 1824 As Ammended Criminal Justice Act 1982. If you do not posess LLB Hons. BA Cantab. Please do not quote the Law and stop using this forum for your political ends.
First off let me say again I think Paulyrichards images are very good and some of his arcitecture shots excellent.
However pauly tends to get some members backs up with his comments and personal opinions that accompany them. Pauly please confine it to photogaphic and image discussion. When you first posted your homeless images,from your original comments made me think,, are you like those who took photos of Princess Di in the Paris tunnel. Now that you have enlightened me I am glad your images have been accepted into a gallery to promote your work.
By the way Pauly vagrancy is against the law. Vagrancy Act 1824 As Ammended Criminal Justice Act 1982. If you do not posess LLB Hons. BA Cantab. Please do not quote the Law and stop using this forum for your political ends.
JOSH.
Posted 23/04/2009 - 22:13
Link
Congratulations on having you work chosen Paul.
As for vagrancy being against the law, does that strike anyone else as an anathema? Surely that's the ultimate example of kicking someone when they're down.
As for vagrancy being against the law, does that strike anyone else as an anathema? Surely that's the ultimate example of kicking someone when they're down.
Posted 23/04/2009 - 22:32
Link
Yes, the moderators are reading this. Opinions are allowed and only when things go too far are they pulled.
Not many threads disappear as we tend to be quite a civilised bunch.
Not many threads disappear as we tend to be quite a civilised bunch.
Best regards, John
Posted 23/04/2009 - 23:12
Link
I must say that images of this kind strike me as rather exploitative, and your claim that you won't make money from them is frankly a bit nauseatin'.
The publicity you hope to get from this is designed to further your career.
You're actually quite a talented photographer, but I for one could do without the lectures. Let the pictures speak for themselves.
G
The publicity you hope to get from this is designed to further your career.
You're actually quite a talented photographer, but I for one could do without the lectures. Let the pictures speak for themselves.
G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Posted 23/04/2009 - 23:50
Link
George Lazarette wrote:
I must say that images of this kind strike me as rather exploitative, and your claim that you won't make money from them is frankly a bit nauseatin'.
The publicity you hope to get from this is designed to further your career.
You're actually quite a talented photographer, but I for one could do without the lectures. Let the pictures speak for themselves.
G
Yeah well, your on your own there! Your profferin' the knife under my nose, i'm waitin' for it to be driven in fully now! I must say that images of this kind strike me as rather exploitative, and your claim that you won't make money from them is frankly a bit nauseatin'.
The publicity you hope to get from this is designed to further your career.
You're actually quite a talented photographer, but I for one could do without the lectures. Let the pictures speak for themselves.
G
Do you always like makin' assumptions about people and makin' them out to be liars with your cynicism!?
I've stated my aim as clear as bloody possible, as plain as bloody day, and yet you still come on here and goad me! What more do you want, blood!!
Let me know how its furtherin' my career, what bloody career?! It would be nice to get some recognition from what i'm doin', yes!
There are other photographers doin' the same thing like Lee Jeffries. He sells his images and the money is donated to the charity. Go tell him the same thing you've told me, go on!!
Jus' keep your cynical comments away from me, and don't try to end with "You're actually quite a talented photographer", 'cos it don't wash, alright?!
"All the technique in the world doesn’t compensate for the inability to notice." - Elliott Erwitt
http://paulyrichard.wordpress.com/
http://paulyrichard.wordpress.com/



2397 posts
19 years
The Netherlands
OK.
No hard feelings, I hope.
Just wanted to add something Paul. Not so long ago we had our little clash with your "sleeper" posting.
At that moment I expressed my feelings about the content of that picture with no knowledge about all the others that would follow.
Now......what has been said, is water under the bridge by now and in the days that followed you managed to show us your project in Full!
For that I thank you. It won't change my mind on certain things but I am the first to admit, that you as a photographer are blessed with a keen eye,
and with the precision of a surgeon are able to reveal what is wrong with this days modern society and the ones we grant permission to lead us.
A couple of posts earlier you say:
Dave, I know it happens everytime, I get crucified.
On another forum of which I post the exact same initial comments with my images, I get nothin' but positives, seriously.
So I cannot understand it on here.
It isn't that hard to understand knowing what the PUF tries to be.
A community of people who love Pentax gear and the photography that is involved with it. We all appreciate good photography in it's broadest form.
That is Including the social photography you master so well. I know you are a man on a mission, and for that I respect you.
But as said before, there are members who love your work, regardless of it's content (I am one of them, believe me) but can do without the rhetoric.
Your pictures certainly don't need it, they are more than capable to speak for them self. So keep up the good work, but keep in mind
we are all people, with different views on today world, and there fore with different opinions. No matter the difference, respect for that difference should come first. How insane or whatever title you would give it, those opinions should look.
Best regards,
Martin.
Martin.
Curious about my photography?? Just Follow the Light.