Storing Mounted Prints

dangie

Link Posted 21/12/2013 - 16:13
I'm rapidly building a collection of prints entered in club competitions mostly in 20"x16" mounts. Problem is arising of how to store them. I have a suitable size box but I don't know the best way to store them INSIDE the box. They are a mixture of colour and black & white.
Should there be a sheet of paper between each print?
Should they all be stored the same way up or print side to print side and mounted side to mounted side?
Any advice much appreciated.
6th Year Apprentice Pensioner

johnriley

Link Posted 21/12/2013 - 16:19
I wouldn't store them print to print, especially if they are inkjet prints. Any damp and they could smudge from print to print.

We just store ours vertically in boxes, open to the air. They have lasted OK up to now, although how long for an inkjet is something else.
Best regards, John

dangie

Link Posted 21/12/2013 - 16:38
Thanks John
I've just found that I can buy 500 large sheets of acid free tissue paper for about a fiver. Think I might get some and shove a sheet between each print.

gartmore

Link Posted 21/12/2013 - 17:23
This is what I use, link, a fantastic company to deal with too
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -

dangie

Link Posted 21/12/2013 - 18:56
Thanks Ken. I already have a Nomad box. I too recommend them.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.