Storing Mounted Prints
Posted 21/12/2013 - 16:19
Link
I wouldn't store them print to print, especially if they are inkjet prints. Any damp and they could smudge from print to print.
We just store ours vertically in boxes, open to the air. They have lasted OK up to now, although how long for an inkjet is something else.
We just store ours vertically in boxes, open to the air. They have lasted OK up to now, although how long for an inkjet is something else.
Best regards, John
Posted 21/12/2013 - 16:38
Link
Thanks John
I've just found that I can buy 500 large sheets of acid free tissue paper for about a fiver. Think I might get some and shove a sheet between each print.
I've just found that I can buy 500 large sheets of acid free tissue paper for about a fiver. Think I might get some and shove a sheet between each print.
6th Year Apprentice Pensioner
Posted 21/12/2013 - 17:23
Link
This is what I use, link, a fantastic company to deal with too
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Posted 21/12/2013 - 18:56
Link
Thanks Ken. I already have a Nomad box. I too recommend them.
6th Year Apprentice Pensioner
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


416 posts
20 years
Staffordshire,
England
Should there be a sheet of paper between each print?
Should they all be stored the same way up or print side to print side and mounted side to mounted side?
Any advice much appreciated.