Still trying to decide

bigcog
Posted 16/01/2009 - 16:58 Link
some have said due to the weakening pound that prices will go up. I don't buy that. I think the 16-45 will come down further in price and it's worth waiting even with the current cashback. Then again I'm not in any hurry and am happy enough with the 18-55 until I'm getting up close to a building and find its limits. Then again I might save for a bit longer for the Sigma 10-20mm. Whatever you go for you will get a lot out of and inevitably hit the limits of what you have and want t buy something else.
K10D - Pentax 18-55mm kit - Pentax DA 55-300mm - Pentax FA 50mm 1.4
MX - Pentax-M 50mm 1.7, Pentax-M 28mm 2.8, Pentax-M 100mm 2.8
My Flickr Photostream
Edited by bigcog: 16/01/2009 - 16:59
George Lazarette
Posted 17/01/2009 - 15:57 Link
Quote:
some have said due to the weakening pound that prices will go up. I don't buy that.
Methinks the Nobel Prize for economics is going to elude you again.

G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Edited by George Lazarette: 17/01/2009 - 15:58
jackitec
Posted 17/01/2009 - 19:59 Link
Just hold on, have a think about this, buy the K20d body only and then buy the Pentax 18-250 lens or the Tamron 18-250 Macro I wish I had, then you won't have change lenses so often, It will give you a good idea of what your will be into in the long run.

Keep on clickin
davex
Posted 17/01/2009 - 20:40 Link
[quote:3496ace15f="jackitec"]Just hold on, have a think about this, buy the K20d body only

Hi Jackitec,
The point of getting the 16-45 is to maximise the cashback offer, currently £100.In any case 18-250 seems quite a longway, am going for high IQ on this setup so probably would not consider such a long zoom range. Have read reviews and it does seem somewhat compromised. My next buy will be a 50mm prime then shall look at SMC Pentax-DA 55-300mm F4-5.8 ED, or possibly something a bit better.

Davex
K5 + 8mm-500mm zooms and primes
Please feel free to play with any images I post.
My flickr: link
terje-l
Posted 17/01/2009 - 21:51 Link
Agree, Davex,

18-250 mm is a very long zoom range for good IQ, too many compromises. I feel anything above 1:3 zoom ratio is stretching the limits.
Best regards
Terry

K20D, Optio I10, DA 18-55 1:3.5-5.6 AL II, A 1:1.7/50, D FA 1:2.8/100 Macro, Sigma 70-300 1:4-5.6 APO DG Macro, Pentax AF 360FGZ
jackitec
Posted 17/01/2009 - 21:51 Link
Hi Davex, I know what you mean about cash back, I bought the K200D with the 18-55 lens from a company on Ebay then I bought the Tamron 70-300 from Microglobe then I bought the K20d body in Gibraltar and then the sigma 10-20, I didn't get cash back on anything, what I was trying to say was the 18-250 is a good all rounder and as it is his first DSLR I just thought that was a good starter lens until he finds his way, I am still going to buy this lens because I'm fed up changing lenses and as its only a hobby I do not need overpriced expensive lenses.

keep on clickin

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo