SteadyEpod.

trixie

Link Posted 08/11/2011 - 17:07
Anyone got one of these? just seen it on 7 day day shop you screw it into your tripod mount and loop the cable and plastic tag underneath your foot and stand onto it, trying not to trip yourself up. It cost 12.99 and saves taking your tripod or monopod out, says it fits into your coat pocket or camera bag, I might get one if anyone has one let me know what you think, it has 2 reviews on 7 day shop. cheers Trixie
[[quote]Trixie xx If at first you don't succeed, try, try again,then quit. No use being a damn fool about it. W. C Fields.

Mike-P

Link Posted 08/11/2011 - 17:18
Saw someone else on another forum tie a bit of string to his tripod/monopod plate and do exactly the same thing. Price ... how much is a piece of string?
. My Flickr

Helpful

trixie

Link Posted 08/11/2011 - 17:23
Thought that when I first saw it, the problem string stretches when wet, but whos to say that this cable might snap, always good to ask on hear 1st. If in doubt. Cheers Trixie
[[quote]Trixie xx If at first you don't succeed, try, try again,then quit. No use being a damn fool about it. W. C Fields.

DaveN

Link Posted 08/11/2011 - 17:44
I once used the strap stretched tight like a bow and used an exposure time around 1/15 and was surprised how many keepers I got.
Discovering the joys of photography with Pentax

Helpful

Gwyn

Link Posted 08/11/2011 - 17:49
Sounds like a variation on the old chainpod to me.

Helpful

trixie

Link Posted 08/11/2011 - 18:09
Gwyn wrote:

Not sure what that is???

Gwyn

Link Posted 08/11/2011 - 18:43
trixie wrote:
Gwyn wrote:

Not sure what that is???

Have a look at this to give you an idea. Also done with a length of string

The simple modern version is a retractable dog lead, either using the lead or replacing it with chain .

Helpful

Algernon

Link Posted 08/11/2011 - 19:30
I saw a site somewhere that showed a string/chain etc. was useless
partly because you have to exert a force upwards to make it work.

I always use SkyHooks (TM) myself
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi

Helpful

Gwyn

Link Posted 08/11/2011 - 20:47
The steadepodis just like the extendible dog lead version - just more expensive.
I have no idea how effective these things are. I know they used to be popular in film days when people didn't have the spare cash they do nowadays.
Last Edited by Gwyn on 08/11/2011 - 20:48

Helpful

trixie

Link Posted 09/11/2011 - 11:36
Algernon wrote:
I saw a site somewhere that showed a string/chain etc. was useless
partly because you have to exert a force upwards to make it work.

I always use SkyHooks (TM) myself

Yes you do have to pull upwards, might not bother with it, Thanks everyone for your time and helpful replys Cheers Trixie

Algernon

Link Posted 09/11/2011 - 11:50
Gwyn wrote:
trixie wrote:
Quote:

Not sure what that is???

The simple modern version is a retractable dog lead, either using the lead or replacing it with chain .

That looks like it would at least stop you falling over backwards whilst taking a photograph!
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi

Helpful

trixie

Link Posted 09/11/2011 - 15:56
Algernon wrote:
Gwyn wrote:
Quote:
Gwyn wrote:

Not sure what that is???

That looks like it would at least stop you falling over backwards whilst taking a photograph!

Had a look at the LINK looks quite chunky might think about making one, It would certainly keep me stable,lol. Thank you very much for sharing it with me. Cheers Trixie

trixie

Link Posted 13/11/2011 - 15:01
Re SteadyEpod, thanks to everyone I have now made one, much better and cheaper and very stable too, I followed Gwyns tips. Thanks again Gang. cheers Trixie
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.