Stay Cation...

jules

Link Posted 13/04/2012 - 14:31
No Money and no Money due in So no Holidays for two and a Half Years!
Still without leaving our own County in that Time, we still manage to enjoy OurSelves

Took a week out for Camping in the Lakes and Walked the Cliff trail from Whitehaven to St Bees, Good weather but cold and luckily even better Beer

Most but not all taken with the Siggy 8-16...

Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd

Back in the room!
“The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it.”...Ansel Adams
www.exaggeratedperspectives.com
Last Edited by jules on 13/04/2012 - 14:46

stevesphotos

Link Posted 13/04/2012 - 14:58
Great shots! Good eye, and that lens seems to be working very nicely.
If you've got to stay somewhere, the lake district is as good a place as anywhere!
All my photos are with 8 year old cameras ...
645D, 35mm, SDM 55mm, FA75mm, FA150mm f/2.8 and K-5, Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8, DA* 50-135mm, Samyang 8mm, other miscellaneous stuff...

Northgrain

Link Posted 13/04/2012 - 16:51
Nice set. I particularly like the two shots of trunks reflecting in the water.

Really interesting to see your new Siggy in action
Tim

Some of my vaguely better stuff

thoramay

Link Posted 13/04/2012 - 17:00
With this within reach, why would you want to go anywwhere else? I am simply jealous of your access to such inspiring scenery.
Whichever way I go just ten miles and I see the sea and not that inspiring at all and it costs an arm and a leg to cross that sea.
In your shoe's I would be counting my lucky stars.
Magical pics,by the way. You have a very good eye for a picture

regards

Gwyn

Link Posted 13/04/2012 - 17:06
I wish I had such scenery available for a staycation! Or did you really travel and mean you stayed in the UK?
Even so I am jealous.

Thoramay - the IOW has some lovely scenery, and some wild bits too, but I can imagine it gets a bit tedious if you live there, especially if you are not so mobile.
Last Edited by Gwyn on 13/04/2012 - 17:07

snappychappy

Link Posted 13/04/2012 - 17:48
A very nice set indeed, some real crackers.
My piccies.

arno

Link Posted 13/04/2012 - 18:07
loveley set - I like the last two particularly

fritzthedog

Link Posted 13/04/2012 - 22:03
Some nice shots - 4 and 5 stand out for me.

There are worse places to be 'stranded'. I will probably be in the same boat this year but can console myself with the fact that like you - I am lucky enough to live in an area that attracts thousands of tourists paying a fortune to come and visit and I can photograph it for free any time I like!

Carl
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more

jules

Link Posted 14/04/2012 - 07:14
Thanks for all the positive comments
We live in Carlisle which is a short bus ridee from the Lake District and the Solway Coast shots are about n Hours Cycle away from our House. So Travel costs to get to all the Locations above probably didn't amount to Twenty five Quid!
Add to that Sixteen quid for the two night stay at Langdale National Trust Campsite, make for a pretty cheap week really!
Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd

Back in the room!
“The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it.”...Ansel Adams

rosesred

Link Posted 14/04/2012 - 07:57
Born about 30 minutes drive from Lake District, do not live there now,
but used to go there in winter mostly the photographs where amazing so many different sceens...waterfalls etc...
Carlisle so you still have the scottish ilse's in reach then... great shots..
like 2,4 & 5 best...
Last Edited by rosesred on 14/04/2012 - 07:58

jeffstclair

Link Posted 14/04/2012 - 08:20
Nice work jules, I think I reconise a few of the locations,I lived in Lancaster for a few years and had the odd "jaunt up t' lakes"
And the Solway Firth is beautiful in the spring.
Carlisle eh,Ill be there in October for the fireshow, any good second hand Camera shops....jeff

jules

Link Posted 14/04/2012 - 12:43
I'll add this Couple from Yesterdays Bikeride onto Burgh Marsh.
K5 with the Siggy 8-16 again, they go together pretty well...

Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd

Back in the room!
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.