start of my studio
Posted 24/09/2009 - 07:05
Link
Looks great, but might be chilly in winter.
Who is going to see the nice grey floor when you've covered it in wood?
G
Who is going to see the nice grey floor when you've covered it in wood?
G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Posted 24/09/2009 - 07:25
Link
The painted floor is to keep the damp at bay,also to seal the floor plus i have a shoot in their at the weekend (had the floor paint anyway......
James
I will heat the studio as well with oil rads
James
I will heat the studio as well with oil rads
My Fluidr
"To see in colour is a delight for the eye, But to see in black and white is a delight for the soul" ANDRI HERY
"To see in colour is a delight for the eye, But to see in black and white is a delight for the soul" ANDRI HERY
Posted 24/09/2009 - 11:11
Link
The main thing to bear in mind is that you will need to insulate the roof and floors. It looks like a cavity wall construction to the walls, additional insulation can be applied to the interior face, but most heat loss will occur through the roof, so fit 75mm expanded polyurethane foam betwen the rafters, but allow adequate ventilation below the roof finish (slates?) and above the insulation by allowing a 25mm air gap vented to the eaves and ridge. This is to resist condensation occuring on the roof timbers. I would lay the wooden floor on to 50x50mm treated sw bearers at 400 centres (to take standard size ply sheets) and insulate with 50mm expanded polyurethane foam cut to fit between the bearers.
If this is too much detail, apologies! If you want more, PM me for a fuller description.
If this is too much detail, apologies! If you want more, PM me for a fuller description.
Posted 24/09/2009 - 11:57
Link
I'm hoping to go semi pro with the studio and make money of it to buy a pentax 645 D ...... i wish.
Building a web site at the moment but can't decide on a name yet I have two
Pink Ribbon Photography
and good old
Capture photography by jh
any advice and tips greatly received
My main market is portrait, children,some wedding(they scare the life out of me) baby's and pregnancy wife a gp and I have a friend and the breast feeding clinic.
I may do some Asian wedding as a guest next year I'm making some enquiry’s and may have two but this is solely for my portfolio
James
Building a web site at the moment but can't decide on a name yet I have two
Pink Ribbon Photography
and good old
Capture photography by jh
any advice and tips greatly received
My main market is portrait, children,some wedding(they scare the life out of me) baby's and pregnancy wife a gp and I have a friend and the breast feeding clinic.
I may do some Asian wedding as a guest next year I'm making some enquiry’s and may have two but this is solely for my portfolio
James
My Fluidr
"To see in colour is a delight for the eye, But to see in black and white is a delight for the soul" ANDRI HERY
"To see in colour is a delight for the eye, But to see in black and white is a delight for the soul" ANDRI HERY
Posted 24/09/2009 - 12:10
Link
People will pick up an idea (maybe totally false) from the title of your business, which instantly includes some and excludes others, depending on their tastes.
For that reason I prefer bland names that are merely factual, so, for example, I am "John Riley Photography" which is purely a statement. If I was "Happy Bunny Photography" that gives off a message as would "John Riley Associates Photographic Services" - both these things declare an image before people click the link to get there.
Just a thought, as the name is very, very important.
For that reason I prefer bland names that are merely factual, so, for example, I am "John Riley Photography" which is purely a statement. If I was "Happy Bunny Photography" that gives off a message as would "John Riley Associates Photographic Services" - both these things declare an image before people click the link to get there.
Just a thought, as the name is very, very important.
Best regards, John
Posted 24/09/2009 - 12:51
Link
Asian wedding? Buy another 20 SD cards!
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Posted 24/09/2009 - 13:19
Link
Do agree with John about an all purpose name, if you are sure what you want to do then a restrictive name would be ok but calling your self something like 'Womb to Wedding memories' would not work if you decide you wish to do work for industrial pamphlets. Although I suppose you could try some thing like 'In the Pink'
Jackie H
K7, K20D, istDS, Optio SV, ME
Most used glass
50mm f1.4, 60-250mm, 28-80mm,
Sigma 105mm 2.8 Macro & Bertha 50-500
K7, K20D, istDS, Optio SV, ME
Most used glass
50mm f1.4, 60-250mm, 28-80mm,
Sigma 105mm 2.8 Macro & Bertha 50-500
Posted 24/09/2009 - 13:56
Link
By all means paint the floor to seal it first, also take Aluns advice but as for heating have you considered using underfloor heating? especially if theres the possibility of models been sat ar laid on the floor.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1249 posts
17 years
Warwickshire
I am first going to paint the floor grey and then in a week or two put wooden floor down.
what do you think
o'yes and it's all FREE
James
"To see in colour is a delight for the eye, But to see in black and white is a delight for the soul" ANDRI HERY