Stacked or Not Stacked?
Posted 01/11/2021 - 22:06
Link
I like them both Steve, with, perhaps, a slight preference for the stacked version - the flower itself benefits greatly from the process, while the leaves still retain some oof blur. Would it be possible to combine the stacked flower with a single shot of the leaves/branch?
Posted 02/11/2021 - 00:17
Link
A study of something this tiny generally benefits from being isolated and catching as much detail as possible. f4 effectively isolates it but limits the detail. The stack compensates for that with comprehensive detail capture.
Posted 02/11/2021 - 06:29
Link
I'm enjoying the detail of the stacked flower.
[On a different aspect, by a graduated brightening I would make a bit more visible the parts of the plant around where the flower is attached.]
Philip
[On a different aspect, by a graduated brightening I would make a bit more visible the parts of the plant around where the flower is attached.]
Philip
Posted 02/11/2021 - 21:14
Link
Definitely the stacked one for me. a lovely portrait, I like the dark background.
Posted 03/11/2021 - 13:16
Link
Antony wrote:
Definitely the stacked one for me. a lovely portrait, I like the dark background.
+1
Definitely the stacked one for me. a lovely portrait, I like the dark background.
Peter
My Flickr page
My Flickr page
Posted 07/11/2021 - 21:50
Link
Stacked for me also
Gareth Williams ARPS
My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II
Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT
My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II
Welsh Photographer
Flickr
My PPG
Foundation NFT
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


2980 posts
18 years
South Dorset
However, is a single shot better than a stack for this small flower? Here is a single shot followed by the stack. Which do you prefer and why?
Taken with K3 + Sigma 70mm macro, all at f4.
1. Single shot
2. Stack
Steve