St Andrews Cross Spider
Posted 16/11/2009 - 09:21
Link
Definitely the second one much more interesting for me, and I like the dreamy background you managed to get.
Amin Photo Gallery
Posted 16/11/2009 - 09:30
Link
I didn't even know what these spiders were called, but now I know the 2nd picture works better for me as it illustrates the cross very nicely. A slightly larger DOF would have been good to try and get its back into focus, but I understand that out in the garden even the slightest breeze can make these things are easier said than done
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
Posted 16/11/2009 - 09:53
Link
Thanks Guys,
In the first I was trying for a different angle on the spider and still show the large white bits and I was worried the second one looked a little over sharpend.
Thoughton, it was a very windy day and I was trying to stop my son running on to the road and watch to see when the web stopped vibrating in the wind at the same time!
Regards
PaulM
In the first I was trying for a different angle on the spider and still show the large white bits and I was worried the second one looked a little over sharpend.
Thoughton, it was a very windy day and I was trying to stop my son running on to the road and watch to see when the web stopped vibrating in the wind at the same time!
Regards
PaulM
All cameras are equal but.....
Some are more equal than others
Some are more equal than others
Posted 16/11/2009 - 09:56
Link
Amin,
The dreamy background is courtesy of the pentax SMC 50mm 1.7.
PaulM
The dreamy background is courtesy of the pentax SMC 50mm 1.7.
PaulM
All cameras are equal but.....
Some are more equal than others
Some are more equal than others
Posted 16/11/2009 - 13:10
Link
Were they Tamron 70-300mm shots or 50mm shots ? I'm confused.
I think all spiders should put nice bright markers on their webs, just so that I don't end up walking through them.
The 2nd one is better I think as the dof covers more of the spider at that angle. Interesting to see it with its prey in the first one though.
I think all spiders should put nice bright markers on their webs, just so that I don't end up walking through them.
The 2nd one is better I think as the dof covers more of the spider at that angle. Interesting to see it with its prey in the first one though.
Posted 16/11/2009 - 13:33
Link
Well I am confused, well I know that is common with us old ladies but I can only see one image so don't know if it is the ones that was admired or the other. Anyway I like the one I can see, think you have the DOF just right and it is always pleasing to see someone try to take a different view .
Jackie H
K7, K20D, istDS, Optio SV, ME
Most used glass
50mm f1.4, 60-250mm, 28-80mm,
Sigma 105mm 2.8 Macro & Bertha 50-500
K7, K20D, istDS, Optio SV, ME
Most used glass
50mm f1.4, 60-250mm, 28-80mm,
Sigma 105mm 2.8 Macro & Bertha 50-500
Posted 16/11/2009 - 23:48
Link
DOH!
Both of these where definately taken with the Tamron (I just checked the exif). I had been using the 50mm just before hand (see other thread) and was getting a bit confused last night when I responded. (can I claim that as a senior moment?)
Sorry for the confusion guys :OS
PaulM
Both of these where definately taken with the Tamron (I just checked the exif). I had been using the 50mm just before hand (see other thread) and was getting a bit confused last night when I responded. (can I claim that as a senior moment?)
Sorry for the confusion guys :OS
PaulM
All cameras are equal but.....
Some are more equal than others
Some are more equal than others
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


491 posts
19 years
Frenchs Forest,
Sydney
C&Cs welcome
[IMG]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb113/pnjmcc/IMGP5547.jpg[/IMG]
300mm, 1/8 @ f11 ISO 100
[IMG]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb113/pnjmcc/IMGP5560.jpg[/IMG]
300mm, 1/10 @ f16 ISO 400
Both taken with the Tamron 70-300 macro, on a tripod.
Regards
PaulM
Some are more equal than others