SRS warranty

milamber

Link Posted 15/01/2013 - 18:06
From adverts and discussions on here I've always been under the impression that the warranty from SRS (and presumably other Pentax Pro dealers) was transferable to a new owner. I was looking at buying a used lens with SDM and aware of the possible failure on this specific lens, e-mailed SRS to confirm this. Their reply said that the warranties aren't transferable which was a surprise. I would always have been prepared to pay a premium for a used lens from SRS as I assumed the warranty would still be valid.

Many recent adverts on here would imply I'm not the only person who thought this so just wanted to share.

johnriley

Link Posted 15/01/2013 - 18:14
Chris did post that he would transfer warrany, but at the time we were all discussing new lenses.

I would have a chat with him to see if indeed used lenses are not covered in that offer. The warranty in that case is coming from a different source, so maybe that makes a difference. Maybe not, but Chris is your man to discuss it with. Someone may have made a mistake as normally that would be right and warraties would not transfer.
Best regards, John

milamber

Link Posted 15/01/2013 - 18:24
Hi John. I'm talking about lenses bought new from SRS originally and still under warranty, for the original buyer. It was Doug who replied to my e-mail. There may be a special deal for lenses traded on here, perhaps, but not sure how that could be proved. I'm not knocking SRS - most places wouldn't transfer warranties to second owners, but many people advertising on here, myself included, seem to think that SRS did.

johnriley

Link Posted 15/01/2013 - 18:38
I thought like you that Chris would transfer the 2 year warranty, so he's the man to ask to make sure that's still the deal.
Best regards, John

Mike-P

Link Posted 15/01/2013 - 18:55
I was under the impression that SRS would honour any Pentax warranty on new items that were originally purchased from them and at a later date sold by a forum member to another forum member.

Maybe it was a new member of staff who answered your email?
Did you mention the forum?
No equipment list here but thanks for taking an interest. My Flickr

DOIK

Link Posted 15/01/2013 - 20:03
link
In black and white

John

milamber

Link Posted 15/01/2013 - 20:29
So forum member to forum member is covered when sold on the classifieds here and the warranty is transferable. In this instance it was a proposed purchase off Ebay so it wouldn't be. I didn't mention the forum or Ebay, just asked if a valid warranty was transferable to a new owner which it obviously isn't except when sold on here where Chris has made a specific exemption.

That makes things clear. Quite a number of adverts on Ebay might need changing.....

Thanks

davem

Link Posted 15/01/2013 - 20:57
chris honoured the warranty for me on a lens bought from another member I had to send him the original invoice.

What a nice man

Chris@SRSWATFORD

Link Posted 16/01/2013 - 09:55
Hi everyone,

As mentioned in the old thread..

'For forum members I am happy to 'cover' the guarantee as long as there is an original purchase reciept enclosed if warranty work is needed.'

This still stands - the only cost involved would be postage back to me and for us to send back out once repairs are completed. All items would need to be returned to us so we can sort. We will cover the postage from us to the manufacturer.

Hope this helps everybody!

Chris
For all things Pentax please visit www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk - anything not listed please email or call!

Follow us on Facebook

Blythman

Link Posted 16/01/2013 - 11:40
Top Class service - as expected
Alan

PPG
Flickr

milamber

Link Posted 16/01/2013 - 12:27
Chris@SRSWATFORD wrote:
Hi everyone,

As mentioned in the old thread..

'For forum members I am happy to 'cover' the guarantee as long as there is an original purchase reciept enclosed if warranty work is needed.'

This still stands - the only cost involved would be postage back to me and for us to send back out once repairs are completed. All items would need to be returned to us so we can sort. We will cover the postage from us to the manufacturer.

Hope this helps everybody!

Chris

Thanks Chris. Can I just clarify - this is forum member to forum member sales, not a forum member buying off Ebay or elsewhere even though the lens might still be under warranty and have full receipts etc.

Chris@SRSWATFORD

Link Posted 16/01/2013 - 12:49
If a Forum member has a faulty Pentax item that was purchased originally from us, with the original receipt, I will cover the warranty with the conditions set out above...
For all things Pentax please visit www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk - anything not listed please email or call!

Follow us on Facebook

Chris@SRSWATFORD

Link Posted 16/01/2013 - 12:56
All normal warranty t's and c's will apply as you'd expect!

If the item is has been broken or damaged then a repair will be chargeable, of course!

Follow us on Facebook

milamber

Link Posted 16/01/2013 - 12:56
Even better. Thanks very much

Blincodave

Link Posted 16/01/2013 - 19:48
Chris,

What is the situation with Sigma lenses please? I purchased a 150-500 from a fellow forum member this week purchased in May last year from SRS?

Thanks

Dave
Last Edited by Blincodave on 16/01/2013 - 19:49
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.