SRS event

Mike-P

Link Posted 24/11/2019 - 22:06
jeallen01 wrote:
PS: some of us decamped to the Weatherspoons pub a few doors along for coffee and bacon butties

Lets hope Mr Takahashi got a round in then., it's the least he could do considering the amount of money we have all spent with his company.
No equipment list here but thanks for taking an interest. My Flickr

ronniemac

Link Posted 25/11/2019 - 21:00
He and SRS provided a round for everyone who attended the event: 'champers' all round for the centenarian!
Last Edited by ronniemac on 25/11/2019 - 21:26

jeallen01

Link Posted 25/11/2019 - 21:13
ronniemac wrote:
He and SRS provided a round for everyone who attended the event: champers all round.

Not sure it was champers - only had a single sip for the toast to Pentax and Mr Takahashi, and then handed it back because I don't like "fizzy" (especially white) wines

OTOH, "Cheers" to Pentax, Mr T and the SRS crew
K-3 II, K-3 and a K-70 from SRS (having now relegated the K-30 with the Hacked K-50 f/w to being a backup body) , & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!)
Last Edited by jeallen01 on 25/11/2019 - 21:17

Gwyn

Link Posted 25/11/2019 - 21:15
I'd rather drink fizzy wine (which I don't especially like) than drink at a Wetherspoons.

jeallen01

Link Posted 25/11/2019 - 21:22
Gwyn wrote:
I'd rather drink fizzy wine (which I don't especially like) than drink at a Wetherspoons.

TBH, as I said, I don't like ANY fizzy wines - but some of the craft beers at Weatherspoons are "OK" (not that I "sampled" any of those on Saturday, because I had to drive home a bit later on )!
K-3 II, K-3 and a K-70 from SRS (having now relegated the K-30 with the Hacked K-50 f/w to being a backup body) , & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!)
Last Edited by jeallen01 on 25/11/2019 - 21:33

RobL

Link Posted 25/11/2019 - 22:51
Well I for one enjoyed the fizzy drink and a bit of the cake later, and the generous buffet was excellent too. Luckily I remained sober enough not to throw caution and my credit card to the wind back in the shop!

Chris@SRSWATFORD

Link Posted 26/11/2019 - 11:15
Morning all!

It was really great to see so many of you on Saturday!

Thank you so much for attending. Mr Takahashi was very impressed with the turnout and he really enjoyed his time with us.

I'm glad the goodie bags were popular. We sadly have no spare bags left over as anything remaining was returned to Ricoh.

Our Black Friday sale starts on Friday. I'm going to start another thread in a minute detailing prices etc and if anyone wants anything early then we will be able to sort this out. Some of the items are limited in terms of quantity available as a lot of kit was sold at the event.
For all things Pentax please visit www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk - anything not listed please email or call!

Follow us on Facebook

Chris@SRSWATFORD

Link Posted 26/11/2019 - 11:20
jeallen01 wrote:

BTW: Early on in the day, I had a quick word with Chris of SRS to suggest that, at brand-themed events like this where members of brand-focused on-line (and similar) groups like us Pentax User lot are likely to attend in some numbers, it would be a good idea to set aside a small "meet and greet" point where those people have a chance to meet others that they don't actually recognise but are from "their" group.

He thought that was a good idea and will consider it for future events

A great idea which I have taken on board and will certainly implement next time. Apologies for not been able to chat for long. It was quite a stressful start to the day trying to get into the club
For all things Pentax please visit www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk - anything not listed please email or call!

Follow us on Facebook

Mike-P

Link Posted 26/11/2019 - 12:24
Chris@SRSWATFORD wrote:
Some of the items are limited in terms of quantity available as a lot of kit was sold at the event.

I have to say that in these days of ever shinking Pentax retailers it's nice to see someone is still committed to the brand. Still, their loss is your gain hopefully.
No equipment list here but thanks for taking an interest. My Flickr

pschlute

Link Posted 26/11/2019 - 13:03
Shame I could not make the event, I am glad it seems to have been a great success.
Peter

My Flickr page

ilovesaabs

Link Posted 26/11/2019 - 23:12
Mike-P wrote:
Chris@SRSWATFORD wrote:
Some of the items are limited in terms of quantity available as a lot of kit was sold at the event.

I have to say that in these days of ever shinking Pentax retailers it's nice to see someone is still committed to the brand. Still, their loss is your gain hopefully.

My friends in Colwyn Bay also have stayed faithful to the brand, but Ricoh really do need to get something eyecatching out sooner rather than later, just to stimulate the second hand market as well....
AKA Welshwizard/PWynneJ
Assorted Pentax/Nikon/Mamiya stuff
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.