SRS Easter Deals

Mike-P

Link Posted 30/03/2018 - 11:34
darkskies wrote:
Just availed myself of a refurbished 150-450!

Great lens
No equipment list here but thanks for taking an interest. My Flickr

darkskies

Link Posted 30/03/2018 - 11:40
As you know, Mike, I've been considering one for a long while. The full price put me off, and even the 2nd hand prices.

This one was just too tempting, and comes with a 1 year guarantee as well.

I knew patience would pay off!

Be great for my Scotland holiday in May, and it will give me some time to practise now, too!

How is your son?
This space deliberately left blank.

Mike-P

Link Posted 30/03/2018 - 12:38
From what Chris said further back you get 2 years warranty

As for Sam (thanks for asking) even after nearly 4 weeks in hospital he still isn't right but we are running out of options tbh. He stopped eating properly just over a year ago and would only drink milk (he used to eat and drink just about anything) and completely stopped eating and drinking around January. he lost a third of his body weight in that time and when we got him into hospital he looked like one of those third world kids you see on charity adverts on tv.

Unfortunately he has no understanding of what he is doing to himself and if there is a problem no speech to explain what it is so everything is total guesswork on our part and just getting him to a hospital appointment is a military operation due to how stressed he gets, if anyone crowds him he just loses all control and starts screaming and trying to claw at his face and eyes no matter where he is. (try coping with that in a busy hospital corridor with everyone gawping at you).

Anyway, I could go on for ages but it's not the place and at the end of the day he's worth the time and effort

Enjoy the lens

darkskies

Link Posted 30/03/2018 - 12:51
Very sorry to hear that, Mike. You know we are all thinking of you and your family.

Good luck!
This space deliberately left blank.

HarisF1

Link Posted 30/03/2018 - 20:03
Is everything now listed?

Prufrock

Link Posted 30/03/2018 - 21:50
Received my refurbished, but very much as-new, K-3 II a few days ago. I happened to ring about the repair to my K-5 IIs. The bad news, it would cost more than it's worth - but the good news was that some K-3 IIs had just arrived from Ricoh. It was too good to resist, and a natural upgrade. Great advice and service from SRS, including express delivery.
A few pictures on Flickr

whatsthisbuttondo

Link Posted 31/03/2018 - 12:46
Looking at the Pentax 70-200 i have the Tamron 70-200 which i think is lovely lens is it worth the outlay to get the Pentax i don't know

johnjbloomfield

Link Posted 31/03/2018 - 14:26
just ordered my DFA 24-70 f2.8 prices not as keen as they were black friday but I still wanted it

Mike-P

Link Posted 31/03/2018 - 17:39
whatsthisbuttondo wrote:
Looking at the Pentax 70-200 i have the Tamron 70-200 which i think is lovely lens is it worth the outlay to get the Pentax i don't know

In the same boat, I have the Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 DG EX HSM OS and am wondering how much better the Pentax lens would be wide open.

AndrewH

Link Posted 31/03/2018 - 17:40
I'm sorry to read about your son, Mike. I hope you manage to get him the treatment that he needs.

Not sure what I'm missing but I can't find more than a couple of refurbished Pentax lenses and no used ones on the SRS website! Can anyone point me in the right direction, please?! Ta.
flickr

JohnX

Link Posted 31/03/2018 - 17:43
AndrewH wrote:

Not sure what I'm missing but I can't find more than a couple of refurbished Pentax lenses and no used ones on the SRS website! Can anyone point me in the right direction, please?! Ta.

https://www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk/used-refurbished/refurbished-pentax-equipment....
https://www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk/used-refurbished/used-lenses/used-pentax-fit-l...
Last Edited by JohnX on 31/03/2018 - 17:44

AndrewH

Link Posted 31/03/2018 - 19:04
Thanks, John! Not sure what I was doing wrong!
flickr
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.