Spring Infrared

coker

Link Posted 25/04/2019 - 17:15
All K5, 18-55, Hoya R72.
Elements 11.

either...

or...?

Any comments, criticisms, thoughts most welcome.

Thanks for looking,

Roger.
The more I look, the more there is to see!

pschlute

Link Posted 25/04/2019 - 17:57
I don't normally go for IR photos but these are beautiful
Peter

My Flickr page

redbusa99

Link Posted 26/04/2019 - 10:07
STOP IT! really thought i had got IR out of my system but now i have to go and buy another filter after seeing these, 1 is stunning, 3 is second favourite and i will take "either" over "or", the whole set are very good. have you tried "false colour" processing them.
K3 II and the odd lens or 2

Flickr

coker

Link Posted 26/04/2019 - 14:26
Thanks, Peter & Joe for your kind remarks.

No, I've always hit the buffers with false colour processing as I "only" have Elements 11, with which I can't do the full trickery!
Any advice, anyone.....?

Cheers,

Roger.

derek897

Link Posted 26/04/2019 - 15:11
Theres a plugin for ps that was linked on here back when I was shooting IR, I cant remember if it was aliengrove or petrochemist. That posted the link, I think it's called kromagery or something like that, it will auto do them for you, and you can tweak it after.

Nice shots btw 👍👍👍
I know what i like, If not always why.
Last Edited by derek897 on 26/04/2019 - 15:11

LennyBloke

Link Posted 26/04/2019 - 21:01
Really nice selection, I prefer B&W versions over false colour and my preference is "either"
LennyBloke

Defragged

Link Posted 26/04/2019 - 21:51
Very nice indeed. I too prefer 'either' as 'or' looks a bit flat in comparison.
C.O.L.B.A.S victim
(Compulsive Obsessive Lens Buying Addiction Syndrome)

What you need are lenses, more lenses, bigger lenses, better lenses, faster lenses, and when you have these, your pictures will be perfect!

thingsthatihaveseen

Link Posted 27/04/2019 - 09:20
Very nice Roger... particularly like 2 and 3 (and the stark juxtaposition of nature vs man)... used to do a fair bit of IR false colour myself on Elements 11... you can do it (or you certainly used to be able to - hopefully you still can) via the “Elements +” plug in, which costs £10-15ish I think, and which you’ll find via google... there’s a demo version of it too so you can try before you buy...

Best
Bill

BillWardPhotography
Instagram
Facebook

Sry

Link Posted 30/04/2019 - 21:47
Very good use of IR coker. The foreground in 2 is mesmerizing, and I love what's happening in 4, with the top's going out of focus. 'Either', but 'and' works too

coker

Link Posted 01/05/2019 - 18:54
Many thanks for your comments, everyone!

Sry, the foreground in 2 is because the green bits (sorry to get too technical!) of the dandelion flowers don't want to play in the IR light, & in 4, the tops of the trees are in focus, it's just that the wind was blowing.....!

Thanks again for looking,

Roger.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.