Spotted Flycatchers

coker
Posted 09/07/2014 - 16:49 Link
In a friend's garden, by a honeysuckle-clad wall.

All k5, 150-500 @ 440, Tamron 1.4 converter.
TAV mode 1/500th @ f8, various ISOs.
Adjusted & cropped in Elements 11.


Comment Image




Comment Image




Comment Image




Comment Image




Comment Image


Hope you like them but any C&C welcome.


Roger.
The more I look, the more there is to see!
bluenose
Posted 09/07/2014 - 17:37 Link
Like these. They are an interesting comparison to the Olive Sided Flycatcher (native to North America) I posted a few days ago. Amazing how a species can have so many variations depending on geographic location.

Regards
coker
Posted 09/07/2014 - 17:57 Link
Cheers, Milton.

I suppose the one thing they all have in common is their extreme ability to catch flies!
We have house sparrows in our garden that try but they tend to generate more heat than light in their efforts!

Roger.
The more I look, the more there is to see!
Edited by coker: 09/07/2014 - 17:57

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo