Spongy sticky Kx shutter button

Posted 31/05/2011 - 19:55 Link
As the topic title suggests my K-x's shutter release button feels kind of peculiar when taking snaps. The mount (where you twist to turn on and off) has definately got perceptible gap and i am wondering if this is what has caused the "sticking effect".

I can take photos fine but as I am usually out taking photos of wildlife etc and so I am worried about rain etc getting in.

The camera is used and did not come with a warranty and Pentax UK repairs said that it would be at a rough estimate around £160!!!

Anyone got similar stories and do you think I can still get away with it for another year or so?
Learn how to live and you'll know how to die; learn how to die, and you'll know how to live.

Check out ones photographs on Flickr!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/awprentice/
flossie
Posted 31/05/2011 - 20:09 Link
Not had anything like that on mine, its done about 9k shots now and its not been treated with kid gloves... sorry, that doesn't really help you much
Still shooting in the dark (literally and metaphorically)...
Edited by flossie: 31/05/2011 - 20:10
stub
Posted 31/05/2011 - 20:17 Link
I had no probs either...But im shocked at the Pentax repair price...
K-1Gripped K-1 ungripped K-5ii K7 Various lenses

Stuart..
Anvh
Posted 31/05/2011 - 20:45 Link
If it's the same as here they will have 2 different types of repairs, small and big, this a small repair.
Don't forget they need to pull the whole camera open, it's just as easy to replace the LCD screen then one button for example.
Stefan
Comment Image

K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo