Splash of Colour

Belinda B.

Link Posted 25/05/2009 - 16:29

As taken today, apart from a slight crop.

By tonight the heavy rain will probably have destroyed it
Belinda B.

pschlute

Link Posted 25/05/2009 - 19:18
We have the same ones coming out in our garden too. So delicate....and then they are gone.
Peter

My Flickr page

Anvh

Link Posted 25/05/2009 - 20:29
Peter I thought you said "So delicious....and then they are gone" so I wanted to ask you how they taste but never mind.

Nice photo Belinda, hopefully it will survive the rain.
Maybe you should've used a little bit of flash light to fill in the shadows in the plant, just a really tiny bit.
Stefan

K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ

Belinda B.

Link Posted 26/05/2009 - 13:08
Anvh wrote:
Maybe you should've used a little bit of flash light to fill in the shadows in the plant, just a really tiny bit.

I must admit that with the amount of light around, I had not thought about using flash. How do you control it so that you only get a "really tiny bit"
Belinda B.

fatspider

Link Posted 26/05/2009 - 13:56
I dont mind the dark background, it helps make the poppy stand out, not that it needs it with that amount of vibrant colour screaming PICTURE TIME!

I think with flowers you need to try lots of angles & compositions, I can never seem to get the right combination
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link

JudithAnn

Link Posted 27/05/2009 - 02:36
Belinda B. wrote:
Anvh wrote:

I must admit that with the amount of light around, I had not thought about using flash. How do you control it so that you only get a "really tiny bit"

You could alway use a deflector instead of a flash. It is not an expensive investment...a nice 5 in 1 about 22inches round and just let the natural light bounce off the deflector filling in the shadows of the flower. Now I must confess I am just learning this myself...but sometimes it makes the fill in light great.

impotentspider wrote:
I dont mind the dark background, it helps make the poppy stand out, not that it needs it with that amount of vibrant colour screaming PICTURE TIME!

I think with flowers you need to try lots of angles & compositions, I can never seem to get the right combination

And then again, it all depends on what you are really wanting and liking!
https://www.jastandringphotos.com
Last Edited by JudithAnn on 27/05/2009 - 02:37
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.