Something to Try (Only for the Brave)
Posted 05/11/2008 - 19:44
Link
Hi Liam!
Glad to hear the "wand" works well, - haven't got mine yet.
Asked Daughter #2, who is also a photo nut, to get me wet wipes for Xmas. (Glad I didn't ask Daughter #1 as the wet wipes would be the diaper rash type and probably too big for the sensor.)
I'm getting pretty good at ignoring the crud and not shooting smaller than f11 for now.
Cheers!
Glad to hear the "wand" works well, - haven't got mine yet.
Asked Daughter #2, who is also a photo nut, to get me wet wipes for Xmas. (Glad I didn't ask Daughter #1 as the wet wipes would be the diaper rash type and probably too big for the sensor.)
I'm getting pretty good at ignoring the crud and not shooting smaller than f11 for now.
Cheers!
Mac from Montreal
SP, SPII, SPF, PZ-10, P30, SFX, K110D, istDS, Optio 60, Z-10, H90, RZ10, I-10, f3.5 28mm, f1.8 55mm, f1.4 50mm, f3.5 135mm, f2.5 135mm, f4 50mm Macro, f4.5 80-200 F, f4 35-70, f3.5 28-80, f3.5 35-135, f3.5 18-55, f1.8 31mm Ltd., two Auto 110's, Auto 110 lenses and filters, tubes, bellows, Manfrottos and a sore back.
SP, SPII, SPF, PZ-10, P30, SFX, K110D, istDS, Optio 60, Z-10, H90, RZ10, I-10, f3.5 28mm, f1.8 55mm, f1.4 50mm, f3.5 135mm, f2.5 135mm, f4 50mm Macro, f4.5 80-200 F, f4 35-70, f3.5 28-80, f3.5 35-135, f3.5 18-55, f1.8 31mm Ltd., two Auto 110's, Auto 110 lenses and filters, tubes, bellows, Manfrottos and a sore back.
Posted 05/11/2008 - 20:03
Link
Hi Mac,
Take a picture when the sensor is spotless again.. truly a sight to behold. When the annoying lumps got wiped with the wet wipes, I got crystal clear images.. so I guess that even without obvious crud, the sensor must collect a thin veneer of rubbish over time. If that veneer diffracts the light even slightly, then you won't be getting the best out of the camera. Once gone, it's like a brand new sensor..
I still reckon that depending on the environment, you should get away with at most probably one or two wet wipes a year. The wand is very good though. Just follow the instructions..
Cheers
Liam
Take a picture when the sensor is spotless again.. truly a sight to behold. When the annoying lumps got wiped with the wet wipes, I got crystal clear images.. so I guess that even without obvious crud, the sensor must collect a thin veneer of rubbish over time. If that veneer diffracts the light even slightly, then you won't be getting the best out of the camera. Once gone, it's like a brand new sensor..
I still reckon that depending on the environment, you should get away with at most probably one or two wet wipes a year. The wand is very good though. Just follow the instructions..
Cheers
Liam
Liam
"Make your hands respond to what your mind demands." Jesse James
Best wide-angle lens? Two steps backward. Look for the 'ah-ha'. Ernst Haas
"Make your hands respond to what your mind demands." Jesse James
Best wide-angle lens? Two steps backward. Look for the 'ah-ha'. Ernst Haas
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


931 posts
20 years
Bracknell Berkshire
I use a pentax "wand". Does what it says on the tin. I use a rocket blower regularly..ish. Then the wand if I get anything too sticky. I also have some wet wipes. I got them about a month ago, as I had a few really stubborn spots that I could clone out, but just got annoying eventually. Did a great job. 15k shots in three years before I needed it, so it works out as quite a cheap option, if I'm going to need to do it that rarely.
Cheers
Liam
"Make your hands respond to what your mind demands." Jesse James
Best wide-angle lens? Two steps backward. Look for the 'ah-ha'. Ernst Haas