Some with the Z from yesterday
Posted 01/12/2014 - 08:38
Link
They look good, but I only see small pics
--
--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 01/12/2014 - 11:20
Link
Good comment Algi, I loaded them this morning from the office via Explorer. That gave the options of various sizes up to original. Now through Google I just get a mag glass with + inside so it must be the browsers characteristics.
Anyone in the know out there?
A quick cheque on Flickr seems to indicate that they limit the size to 2048!!! as it the "best image size".
Best regards
Anyone in the know out there?
A quick cheque on Flickr seems to indicate that they limit the size to 2048!!! as it the "best image size".
Best regards
Too far from a shore.
Posted 01/12/2014 - 12:40 - Helpful Comment
Link
Hit the "Download" icon (bottom right) and Flickr will show "View all sizes"
From there you can look at the 8256 x 6192 original
Wow!
From there you can look at the 8256 x 6192 original
Wow!
http://www.mattmatic.co.uk
(For gallery, tips and links)
(For gallery, tips and links)
Posted 01/12/2014 - 12:48
Link
Does anyone else see some odd pixellation in the sky in IMGP0832hr ? Could be my monitor.
Posted 01/12/2014 - 12:52
Link
DrOrloff wrote:
Does anyone else see some odd pixellation in the sky in IMGP0832hr ? Could be my monitor.
Yes, Downloaded the original size and zooming in a little does show some odd pixellation in the wispy cloud top left.
Does anyone else see some odd pixellation in the sky in IMGP0832hr ? Could be my monitor.
Posted 01/12/2014 - 17:01
Link
MattMatic wrote:
Hit the "Download" icon (bottom right) and Flickr will show "View all sizes"
From there you can look at the 8256 x 6192 original
Wow!
I'm sure that wasn't there when I looked. They used to have a magnifying glassHit the "Download" icon (bottom right) and Flickr will show "View all sizes"
From there you can look at the 8256 x 6192 original
Wow!
for different sizes
Very impressive at the pixel peep level especially the beach shot and the man's
beard..... Much better than FF
--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 01/12/2014 - 21:36
Link
carmagw wrote:
I'm wondering if that's due to me crunching the file size? I'm in the office at the moment and don't have access to the original files (shooting RAW + JPEG). I will have a look later today though and see if I can sort that out. Thanks for the heads up.DrOrloff wrote:
Does anyone else see some odd pixellation in the sky in IMGP0832hr ? Could be my monitor.
Yes, Downloaded the original size and zooming in a little does show some odd pixellation in the wispy cloud top left.Does anyone else see some odd pixellation in the sky in IMGP0832hr ? Could be my monitor.
Probably why Darkmonk left his files at a much larger size?
I can now only wonder what shooting 5x4 format or larger would be like.
Best regards
Too far from a shore.
Posted 02/12/2014 - 10:11
Link
I make MY Flickr pics only 1000 pixels maximum dimension, then hopefully people will not be able to print them off or use them .
Been a member of Pentax Club since the Ron Spillman era! Got COMPUTERISED at last - DIGITISED?
Taken the PLUNGE - BUT FILM STILL RULES !!!
Taken the PLUNGE - BUT FILM STILL RULES !!!
Posted 02/12/2014 - 11:52
Link
Peter Elgar wrote:
I make MY Flickr pics only 1000 pixels maximum dimension, then hopefully people will not be able to print them off or use them .
The world has many many shallow people who might see benefit from theft of web images.I make MY Flickr pics only 1000 pixels maximum dimension, then hopefully people will not be able to print them off or use them .
Bless them all.
Best regards
Too far from a shore.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


6419 posts
17 years
link
DOF is really criticle when close in as can be seen with Horatio (bearded artist) and I am still getting a few issues.
They are effectively out of camera. My "works" monitor does not really show them as well as my home monitor so I assume this will be a wide variable.
Best regards