Some with the Z from yesterday


K10D

Link Posted 30/11/2014 - 22:11
I have left the resolution as from the camera but drastically reduced the file size.

link

DOF is really criticle when close in as can be seen with Horatio (bearded artist) and I am still getting a few issues.

They are effectively out of camera. My "works" monitor does not really show them as well as my home monitor so I assume this will be a wide variable.

Best regards

Algernon

Link Posted 01/12/2014 - 08:38
They look good, but I only see small pics

--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi

K10D

Link Posted 01/12/2014 - 11:20
Good comment Algi, I loaded them this morning from the office via Explorer. That gave the options of various sizes up to original. Now through Google I just get a mag glass with + inside so it must be the browsers characteristics.

Anyone in the know out there?

A quick cheque on Flickr seems to indicate that they limit the size to 2048!!! as it the "best image size".

Best regards
Last Edited by K10D on 01/12/2014 - 11:33

MattMatic

Link Posted 01/12/2014 - 12:40
Hit the "Download" icon (bottom right) and Flickr will show "View all sizes"
From there you can look at the 8256 x 6192 original

Wow!
http://www.mattmatic.co.uk
(For gallery, tips and links)

Helpful

DrOrloff

Link Posted 01/12/2014 - 12:48
Does anyone else see some odd pixellation in the sky in IMGP0832hr ? Could be my monitor.
You can see some of my photos here if you are so inclined

carmagw

Link Posted 01/12/2014 - 12:52
DrOrloff wrote:
Does anyone else see some odd pixellation in the sky in IMGP0832hr ? Could be my monitor.

Yes, Downloaded the original size and zooming in a little does show some odd pixellation in the wispy cloud top left.

Algernon

Link Posted 01/12/2014 - 17:01
MattMatic wrote:
Hit the "Download" icon (bottom right) and Flickr will show "View all sizes"
From there you can look at the 8256 x 6192 original

Wow!

I'm sure that wasn't there when I looked. They used to have a magnifying glass
for different sizes

Very impressive at the pixel peep level especially the beach shot and the man's
beard..... Much better than FF

--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi

K10D

Link Posted 01/12/2014 - 21:36
carmagw wrote:
DrOrloff wrote:
Does anyone else see some odd pixellation in the sky in IMGP0832hr ? Could be my monitor.

Yes, Downloaded the original size and zooming in a little does show some odd pixellation in the wispy cloud top left.

I'm wondering if that's due to me crunching the file size? I'm in the office at the moment and don't have access to the original files (shooting RAW + JPEG). I will have a look later today though and see if I can sort that out. Thanks for the heads up.

Probably why Darkmonk left his files at a much larger size?

I can now only wonder what shooting 5x4 format or larger would be like.

Best regards

Peter Elgar

Link Posted 02/12/2014 - 10:11
I make MY Flickr pics only 1000 pixels maximum dimension, then hopefully people will not be able to print them off or use them .
been a member of Pentax Club since the Ron Spillman era! Got COMPUTERISED at last - DIGITISED? Taken the PLUNGE - BUT FILM STILL RULES !!!

K10D

Link Posted 02/12/2014 - 11:52
Peter Elgar wrote:
I make MY Flickr pics only 1000 pixels maximum dimension, then hopefully people will not be able to print them off or use them .

The world has many many shallow people who might see benefit from theft of web images.

Bless them all.

Best regards
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.