Some more macro's with D-FA 100
Posted 05/05/2007 - 21:00
Link
Quote:
This lens is oh so good .....D FA 100mm f/2.8 Macro 1/125s f/10.0 at 100.0mm iso200
The second one is excellent. Most impressed.This lens is oh so good .....D FA 100mm f/2.8 Macro 1/125s f/10.0 at 100.0mm iso200
So how does the focusing work then? Do you use the AF? Is it quick enough to cope with the camera moving?
All my recent attempts at macro work have been hand held, and manually focused (with a 50mm SMC-A on the end of an extension tube). Turning the focusing ring is completely pointless while you're chasing the critter up and down the window frame, or whatever - so I focus by moving the camera.
It's not easy...
Posted 05/05/2007 - 21:37
Link
Hi Chris
All AF, the beauty of the D-FA's is you can overide the AF for fine adjustment with the focus ring while the camera body is set to AF mode, I gave up chasing the critters, I sit and wait till they come to me.
All AF, the beauty of the D-FA's is you can overide the AF for fine adjustment with the focus ring while the camera body is set to AF mode, I gave up chasing the critters, I sit and wait till they come to me.
Cheers
Brian.
LBA is good for you, a Lens a day helps you work, rest and play.
Brian.
LBA is good for you, a Lens a day helps you work, rest and play.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1903 posts
22 years
The Kingdom of Fife
Both hand held, the first one is a bit shakey but look at the bokeh.
D FA 100mm f/2.8 Macro 1/400s f/10.0 at 100.0mm iso250
D FA 100mm f/2.8 Macro 1/125s f/10.0 at 100.0mm iso200
Brian.
LBA is good for you, a Lens a day helps you work, rest and play.