Some macros with the Vivitar 100mm

milamber
Posted 11/04/2012 - 16:26 Link
Here are a few macros with the Vivitar 100mm that arrived today. I'm not convinced it's any sharper than the 50mm prime and tube setup I've been using, but the additional distance from the subject is helpful as is the slightly larger focus throw. Using a 12mm manual extension tube to enable catch in focus as well as the matched 1:1 adapter so magnification is higher than I've been used to. Hopefully practice will make perfect!

[IMG]http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp15/chriseast/fly2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp15/chriseast/butterfly-1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp15/chriseast/bug-1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp15/chriseast/ants.jpg[/IMG]
Charlotte
Posted 11/04/2012 - 16:49 Link
It'll take you a little while to get used to the working distance and to sort the lighting out.

Try it without the matched adapter and see if that makes any difference to the sharpness.

Hang in there - it always takes me a couple of weeks to get the best out of a new (to me) lens.

Kind regards
Charlotte
milamber
Posted 11/04/2012 - 17:12 Link
Thanks Charlotte

I'll keep practicing - no hardship taking lots of photos!

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo