Calling bikers

George Lazarette

Link Posted 11/04/2012 - 00:53
I took this at a race meeting three years ago. Although the meeting is well-known, this particular race was unusual.

Any guesses as to what the race was?

G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.

08tiger

Link Posted 11/04/2012 - 04:23
It was about 3 years ago they started the electric bikes racing at the IOM TT so, that's my guess.It's certainly a road circuit and there are not to many of them around.
C&C welcome.
Don.

George Lazarette

Link Posted 11/04/2012 - 12:31
Absolutely spot-on!

Although the bikes were capable of going much faster, power problems limited them to an average speed of around 85 mph.

They were totally silent, so many Manx people hope they will catch on!

G

Frogherder

Link Posted 11/04/2012 - 12:50
So as well as being invisible to the average motorist they are now inaudible to the average pedestrian.

Hey ho

Bernard

George Lazarette

Link Posted 11/04/2012 - 12:55
Bernard,

There is talk of making electric cars and bikes noisy for the very reason you mention. However, noisy enough to hear is a lot less noisy than a conventional racing bike going flat out.

I rather like the idea of bells. So you could be in Peckham High Street, and the bikes would be telling you that you were in an Alpine meadow. Soon, fondue shops would open up, and barbers would yodel. Could be just what Peckham needs.

G

Frogherder

Link Posted 11/04/2012 - 13:06
Having never been to Peckham High Street **, I've just had a vision of cyclists & bikers riding around with large bells around their necks.

I suppose they would compliment the plastic bedpans and lycra or the full body armour of the powered ones

Bernard

** Nearest would be the Ram Brewery, Wandsworth, but I think that's soon to be houses. Ah well another bites the dust.
Last Edited by Frogherder on 11/04/2012 - 13:11

George Lazarette

Link Posted 11/04/2012 - 13:11
Never been to Peckham?

Lucky man!

G
(Preparing for an onslaught from outraged Peckhamists)

NaimKhan

Link Posted 11/04/2012 - 13:54
Frogherder wrote:
Having never been to Peckham High Street **, I've just had a vision of cyclists & bikers riding around with large bells around their necks.

I suppose they would compliment the plastic bedpans and lycra or the full body armour of the powered ones

Bernard

** Nearest would be the Ram Brewery, Wandsworth, but I think that's soon to be houses. Ah well another bites the dust.

Ha - I have seen it all -- in 'Only fools and Horses'
PPG

SteveEveritt

Link Posted 11/04/2012 - 15:37
Fools and Horses was filmed in Bristol! that's where you will find Nelson Mandela House!!!
My Flickr link

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" (John Lennon)
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.