Some Late Summer Close-Ups
Posted 14/11/2014 - 07:51
Link
johnriley wrote:
A very pleasing set of images Nigel.
I agree. I particularly like the direction of illumination for number 6.A very pleasing set of images Nigel.
Cheers.
Philip
Posted 14/11/2014 - 12:27
Link
Nigel,
Like the backlighting coming through the petals on No 6, and the level of detail you've got on no 1.
Bought one of these myself recently to have a play with and reasonably impressed with the macro IQ for a small cheap lens. Though the macro AF range seems to be a little limited.
Like the backlighting coming through the petals on No 6, and the level of detail you've got on no 1.
Bought one of these myself recently to have a play with and reasonably impressed with the macro IQ for a small cheap lens. Though the macro AF range seems to be a little limited.
Posted 14/11/2014 - 19:57
Link
Thank you all for your comments! The Miranda is a manual focus zoom, I'm guessing from the mid to late eighties, and certainly proved it's worth. However, I carried out some test shots with my 'new' F35-70 macro today and that's looking very good ... Can't wait to get out and shoot properly with it!
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Posted 14/11/2014 - 20:18
Link
Cracking images, Nigel. The backlighting on number 6 really makes the petals stand out. They're all very good tho'...
Follow me, I'm right behind you...
Posted 15/11/2014 - 12:43
Link
I seem to remember Miranda as a Dixons brand. Anyway they they are excellent pictures, you got a bargain for £5. I find my 35-70 to be a very useful, in fact my favourite.
Posted 15/11/2014 - 17:49
Link
Thats what I understand about Miranda also Russ ... perhaps it was sold as an extension for a kit offering at the time. Its certainly more useful at the long end for close-up work I find, rather than the short end where it struggles a bit in strong lighting with contrast and flair. But a very useful little item to have in the bag! Glad you liked the photos
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


5986 posts
14 years
Surrey,
England
I was trying out a little Miranda 'A -type' 35-70 macro zoom, which I found for £5-00 in a Cash Converter shop, and which proved to be quite useful really. However I doubt that I'll be using it much again as I've just aquired an SMC F 35-70 macro, which I am sure will take on the role and do rather better!
All shots with the K7 and Miranda lens as above, ISO 400, most at f 4.
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver