Some from Scotland

Father Ted
Posted 03/08/2010 - 11:38 Link
I took zillions of photos, but my success rate seems remarkably low, even by my standards.
However, here are some of the shots I'm happiest with. I'll spread them over a few posts as they are different in style. C&C as always

Arbroath Smokies.
[IMG]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i296/Father_Ted/PHOTOS/Arbroathsmokies.jpg[/IMG]

Dovecot Abstract
[IMG]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i296/Father_Ted/PHOTOS/Dovecotabstract.jpg[/IMG]
Getting there! Thanks to you guys

Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Father Ted
Posted 03/08/2010 - 11:43 Link
Now for a couple of Pipers

Off duty Dragoon Drum Major
[IMG]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i296/Father_Ted/PHOTOS/RoyalDragoon.jpg[/IMG]

Village piper at a small Highland gathering
[IMG]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i296/Father_Ted/PHOTOS/KinlochardPiper.jpg[/IMG]

Piobaireachd
[IMG]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i296/Father_Ted/PHOTOS/InveraryPiper.jpg[/IMG]
Getting there! Thanks to you guys

Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Father Ted
Posted 03/08/2010 - 11:44 Link
Landscapes

Lochard
[IMG]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i296/Father_Ted/PHOTOS/LochArd.jpg[/IMG]

Kilmahog
[IMG]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i296/Father_Ted/PHOTOS/Callander.jpg[/IMG]

View over Callander
[IMG]http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i296/Father_Ted/PHOTOS/FallsLandscape.jpg[/IMG]
Getting there! Thanks to you guys

Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
i-Berg
Posted 03/08/2010 - 11:46 Link
Welcome back - there are some beaut shots here Fr Ted - the smokies, the three musicians, and the first of the landscapes too.
helios
Posted 03/08/2010 - 12:00 Link
Nice shots. As a native of Arbroath I am pleased to see that they are still making smokies in the traditional way.

Archie
Archie
Father Ted
Posted 03/08/2010 - 12:09 Link
Thanks for that. And the smokies tasted as good as they looked.

i-Berg wrote:
Welcome back - there are some beaut shots here Fr Ted - the smokies, the three musicians, and the first of the landscapes too.
Interesting that you chose that shot. I still can't decide if the foreground is just a tad too dark.
Getting there! Thanks to you guys

Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Technoblurb
Posted 03/08/2010 - 12:23 Link
I think the two monochrome shot are very interesting, especially the smokies. The texture, light and detail just describe the inky black contents perfectly, my taste buds are twitching just looking at them.

Graham
DrOrloff
Posted 03/08/2010 - 12:28 Link
I was going to say something very similar.
i-Berg
Posted 03/08/2010 - 12:50 Link
The silhouette works for me as a frame Fr Ted - while there's some CA on the branch outlines, it's cureable.
davidtrout
Posted 03/08/2010 - 13:48 Link
The two black and whites are excellent, particularly the Abroath smokies. I can almost smell them. Yummy.
Of the three pipers I like No. 2 most, its an excellent portrait with classy bokeh.
The landscapes are a mixed bunch. The first, with the tree framing Lochard is the most succesful for me. The other two seem a bit empty, I find myself looking for a point of interest in the distance.
David
fatspider
Posted 03/08/2010 - 17:34 Link
Some nice shots there Ted, as for your others I wouldn't worry about the lack of quality shots when you go on holiday, unless your specifically going to take photos you cant really give it your full concentration.

Just be content with the fact that given your experience your holiday snaps will still be 100 times better than those of Joe Bloggs, and of course you can still be lucky and come up with a winner or two.
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link
bwlchmawr
Posted 03/08/2010 - 17:43 Link
First two very much to my taste. Nice work.
Best wishes,

Andrew

"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference.  All of them can record what you are seeing.  But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Father Ted
Posted 03/08/2010 - 18:54 Link
Thanks guys. I'm pleased you like them.
ANd I take on board what you say, David, regarding having a distinct point of focus.
Getting there! Thanks to you guys

Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Edited by Father Ted: 03/08/2010 - 18:55
aliengrove
Posted 03/08/2010 - 19:50 Link
I like the mono shots too. In fact, I like the Arbroath smokies shot very much. I would go as far as saying it's one of the very best images I have seen on here.
Edited by aliengrove: 03/08/2010 - 19:51
matwhittington
Posted 03/08/2010 - 21:18 Link
Like most of everyone else- I really like the first two B/W shots. The last is also a beautiful view as well, and well taken!

Regards
Mat W

My Flickr: link

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo