Some from Scotland

thoughton
Posted 04/08/2010 - 12:27 Link
Nice shots FT! Echoing most people, I like both of the BWs, although I prefer the abstract dovecote shot.

The 2nd portrait is excellent! The other two are okay, 1 is a bit soft and the background isn't so good, 3 the chap himself lets it down, weak chin and blown out background etc. But the 2nd one now, wonderfully sharp, the chap is photogenic (and looks hard as nails) and the background is very nice. Most excellent.

The landscapes are decent, I like the colours, and nice skies especially in 3. I agree with you that number 1 is quite dark.
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27”, Macbook Pro 17”, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr • Fluidr • PPG • Street • Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo