Some from RIAT 2015
Posted 20/09/2015 - 10:30
Link
Great Subject, great images skillfull composition and very competenty captured.
Could grace any relevant magazine pages
Regards
Could grace any relevant magazine pages
Regards
Daronl
Posted 20/09/2015 - 10:47
Link
Good set, nicely exposed and sharp enough. I didn't get any shots of the Delta team together at all unfortunately.
The only thing I will say is that (for me anyway) they are all a bit central (apart from the Vulcan obviously), I would prefer there was a little more space in front of the aircraft so it looks like they are going somewhere. To be fair you can get away with it on the Red Arrows shot as well due to the crossover.
The only thing I will say is that (for me anyway) they are all a bit central (apart from the Vulcan obviously), I would prefer there was a little more space in front of the aircraft so it looks like they are going somewhere. To be fair you can get away with it on the Red Arrows shot as well due to the crossover.
Posted 20/09/2015 - 12:06
Link
Great IQ in these pictures, what body lens combo, if you don't mind me asking.
Regards
Regards
Daronl
Posted 20/09/2015 - 15:50
Link
Daronl wrote:
Great Subject, great images skillfull composition and very competenty captured.
Could grace any relevant magazine pages
Regards
Wow, thank you very much!Great Subject, great images skillfull composition and very competenty captured.
Could grace any relevant magazine pages
Regards
Daronl wrote:
Great IQ in these pictures, what body lens combo, if you don't mind me asking.
Regards
Thanks. K-5 and DA* 60-250. What I would say though is that most are fairly heavy crops. I have plenty of pictures that I didn't crop, but I find the action a bit less exciting when, particularly the jets, are close enough to fill most of the frame with the 250mm. I would like to buy the Pentax rear converter, and probably will before next year's show. Even then though, the reach will be 350mm, so I will still end up with crops a lot of the time for these type of shots. Despite that they look excellent on my 37" telly so I'm not too worried about the cropping now.Great IQ in these pictures, what body lens combo, if you don't mind me asking.
Regards
Mike-P wrote:
Good set, nicely exposed and sharp enough. I didn't get any shots of the Delta team together at all unfortunately.
Thanks very much. Were you there on the Sunday? If so, bad luck with this display. That said though, when I did get to see the whole display on Saturday, they didn't spend that much time together I seem to remember. The French had bad luck that show. Patrouille de France had a bird strike on Friday, and then Ramex Delta had a bird strike on Sunday (or perhaps I got the days the wrong way round).Good set, nicely exposed and sharp enough. I didn't get any shots of the Delta team together at all unfortunately.
Mike-P wrote:
The only thing I will say is that (for me anyway) they are all a bit central (apart from the Vulcan obviously), I would prefer there was a little more space in front of the aircraft so it looks like they are going somewhere. To be fair you can get away with it on the Red Arrows shot as well due to the crossover.
This is something I am aware of. As most of these are heavy crops, it's a very (sub?)conscious decision to centre them up. I will try a few other crops to see how they look. One of the difficulties I had was that there was quite often no cloud to be seen near the aircraft. My favourite shots include aircraft, blue sky and white clouds
The only thing I will say is that (for me anyway) they are all a bit central (apart from the Vulcan obviously), I would prefer there was a little more space in front of the aircraft so it looks like they are going somewhere. To be fair you can get away with it on the Red Arrows shot as well due to the crossover.
Posted 21/09/2015 - 18:20
Link
Nice
Love the Vulcan
Love the Vulcan
Gareth Williams ARPS
My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II
Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT
My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II
Welsh Photographer
Flickr
My PPG
Foundation NFT
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


67 posts
15 years
Buckinghamshire
Taken on Saturday/Sunday with a K-5 and DA* 60-250. Still getting to grips with the metering, so quite a lot of recovery in Lightroom.
Comments and criticism very welcome.
The Ramex Delta display – they had a bird strike on the Sunday so I didn't get many shots of them
BBMF Typhoon and Spitfire synchro pair
Another Spitfire (the BBMF mass flypast was immense)
Vulcan above the Red Arrows (Not a technically good photo, but a nice moment)
Vulcan and Red Arrows flypast
Red Arrows synchro pair
Belgian F-16
Belgian F-16 Dirty Roll