Some friendly advice please!
Posted 28/12/2015 - 15:27
Link
I had a fair amount of success in a restaurant in Cornwall, I supplied A3 framed images and gave the hotel a cut of each one sold.
The hotel earned 10% of the ticket price, they didn't negociate and generally I would have gone 15% to 20% which seems to be the norm expected.
I supplied 24 images of local scenes and sold enough to pay for the whole exhibition within the first 9 months and updated and changed the images every so often.
Each image had a card with the hotel name on, a title for the image, a number to identify the shot, a price and my web site address.
HTH
Chris
The hotel earned 10% of the ticket price, they didn't negociate and generally I would have gone 15% to 20% which seems to be the norm expected.
I supplied 24 images of local scenes and sold enough to pay for the whole exhibition within the first 9 months and updated and changed the images every so often.
Each image had a card with the hotel name on, a title for the image, a number to identify the shot, a price and my web site address.
HTH
Chris
Chris
www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk
" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".
-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax DFA 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax DFA* 24 - 70 F2.8
Samyang 14mm F2.8, Pentax DFA* 70-200 F2.8, Pentax A 50mm F1.2
K3iii + K3ii + K5iis converted to IR, Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Pentax 55 - 300 F4.5 / F5.6 PLM
www.chrismillsphotography.co.uk
" A Hangover is something that occupies the Head you neglected to use the night before".
-------------------------------------------------------------
K1 - Sigma 85mm F1.4, Pentax DFA 150 -450 F4.5 / 5.6, Pentax DFA* 24 - 70 F2.8
Samyang 14mm F2.8, Pentax DFA* 70-200 F2.8, Pentax A 50mm F1.2
K3iii + K3ii + K5iis converted to IR, Sigma 17 - 70 F2.8, Pentax 55 - 300 F4.5 / F5.6 PLM
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


83 posts
14 years
Plymouth
The problem I have - is I'm a complete novice about this sort of thing and i don't really know what to do. I know it partly depends on the restaurant owner and what he wants, but if he is agreeable and would like some of my images do I,
a) Frame them and sell them to him - but I'm not sure how much for, although I would want to cover printing and framing costs at least.
b) Frame them and have them for sale in the restaurant where he takes a cut if they sell - this is the bit I'm not are about, has anyone else done this, how did you go abut it?
c) Frame them and let him have them for nothing as long as my website and contact details are visible should anyone want to look at more of my work?
I have never sold any of my work or displayed it in public (except on FB, Flickr etc) so I'm quite unsure about this and would really appreciate some advice!
Thank you in advance!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/hikariphotography-uk